Bloomington Bloomington, MN 55438
Job Title : Engineer-Transport - III
Location : Bloomington MN
Duration : 12+ months
About Client: Our client is a leading communication technology company which has been at the center of the communications revolution for over 100 years. They are one of the largest in the world which helps people, businesses and things communicate better. They make it possible for people to stay in touch and businesses to connect with their customers. They are also bringing technology and hands-on learning opportunities directly to kids who need it most. Their goal is to inspire tomorrow’s creators to use technology to build brighter futures for themselves, their families and the world.
Selected candidate is responsible for supporting the transport engineering team with projects such as the cell build program, TDM re-grooming, Fiber to Cell, Ethernet Backhaul, and small cells.
- Work involves in responsible for sending out request for proposals to transport vendors to obtain price quotes for transport-related services via our internal system named TESS which is PeopleSoft based.
- Need to submit circuit orders (ASRs) for T1s, Trunks, Ethernet Backhaul, DS3, OCx, and dark fiber.
- Should have a strong background in trunking type 2A and 2B because most of the ASRs will be for trunk groups
- Candidate has to negotiate with transport vendors for timely delivery of service and managing the vendors for a timely completion.
- Ensure accurate records are populated via the Granite Xng database and working with internal client teams and transport vendors to coordinate re-groom projects.
- Has the potential to assist with program management so must be able to effectively leading a conference call and tracking projects.
- 2 year associate degree
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in telecommunications with focus on transport
- Strong networking experience to include Layer-1, Layer-2, & Layer-3 principles
- Experience with the Telcordia Granite Inventory (formerly Xpercom/Xng) circuit inventory system
- Proficient in office computer applications: Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, and Google Suite
Hank Rajguru @ firstname.lastname@example.org and 678-487-8569
Eric Smith @ email@example.com and 678-250-9914