Schaumburg Schaumburg, IL 60173
Job Title : Engineer-Transport - I
Job Location : Schaumburg-IL
Duration : 24 Months of Contract (Potential to extend)
About Client: Our client is a leading communication technology company which has been at the center of the communications revolution for over 100 years. They are one of the largest in the world which helps people, businesses and things communicate better. They make it possible for people to stay in touch and businesses to connect with their customers. They are also bringing technology and hands-on learning opportunities directly to kids who need it most. Their goal is to inspire tomorrow’s creators to use technology to build brighter futures for themselves, their families and the world.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Candidate will be responsible for network transport design in the IL / WI Region.
- Candidate will be responsible for designing base station to MSC backhaul and interMSC transport using multiple vendors, both lit and dark services, microwave, and SONET technologies.
- He will design network transport supporting type 2A and type 2B trunking as well as direct connect trunking with other carriers.
- Candidate will be responsible for providing Circuit Facility Assignments for ordering of new cellular location circuits using least cost routing techniques.
- Candidate must have good understanding of tariff regulations and ability to develop Excel models or manipulate Software to determine least cost routing is req'd.
- He will be responsible for providing network design using a thorough knowledge of SONET based applications including OC3 through OC192 ring configurations.
- He must be expertise working with Nortel, Cisco, or Alcatel-Lucent SONET equipment in both UPSR and BLSR configurations is essential.
- Candidate will be responsible for supporting network projects such as cell build program, frequency carrier add growth, EVDO expansion, hardware conversions, Fiber to Cell initiatives, E911, Long Distance, and future IP based technologies.
- Candidate will be responsible for tracking network projects as it pertains to the facilities team such as Path Diversification, Cost reduction Initiatives, Cell Availability Evaluations, Equipment decommissioning, Facility migration, etc.
- He needs to designs and maintains path, switch, and vendor diversity where economically justified; devises routing schemes as may be req'd to prevent blocked calls; analyzes traffic rearrangements associated with landline tandem rehomes and internal switch cutovers; and creates facility and equipment plans to accommodate the changes.
- Produces facility forecast to accommodate the trunk forecast and project equipment requirements for switches, microwave sites, and MSCs; and communicates capacity requirements internally to drive capital budget and planning for equipment and facilities.
- He must negotiate with LEC, IXC and CAP carriers for service.
- Candidate must have 1 to 5 years of experience
- Microsoft Office Suites is essential.
- Minimum AA degree or equivalent
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Hank Rajguru @ firstname.lastname@example.org and 678-487-8569
Eric Smith @email@example.com and 678-250-9914