Engineering Project Manager - Product Design Input Devices
Santa Clara Valley, California Cupertino, CA 00000
Job Title: Engineering Project Manager - Product Design Input Devices
Location: Santa Clara Valley, California
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 months
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- As an Engineering Project Manager within the Product Design organization you will be responsible for managing the development and implementation process for one of our Input Device Hardware product development teams.
- In this role you will drive the day-to-day activities to meet the overall program objectives focusing on mechanical engineering design, development planning and validation cycles.
- The Successful candidate is a Project/Program Manager with a minimum of 2+ years of related mechanical or electrical engineering background in mobile, computer or consumer electronics.
- The ideal candidate was a practicing engineer prior to becoming a project manager.
- Detailed knowledge of product development processes as well as a strong understanding of manufacturing processes
- At least 2-4+ years of combined experience in project management and engineering delivering products comprised of multiple materials and high esthetic quality.
- Experience interfacing with operations, mechanical engineering/design and marketing
- Enable the development effort by creating and monitoring an efficient, streamlined process
- Create and maintain project schedules to meet market delivery date
- Identify and direct all resources required to execute successful completion of product development tasks
- Lead a cross-functional team of mechanical engineers, utilizing a solid ME background to recognize, assess and communicate cross-functional issues and risks
- Drive day-to-day activities to meet overall project objectives including calling and running meetings among engineering stakeholders
- Redirect pitfalls and develop a better course of action including preparing and executing contingency plans should main plans fail
- Collaborate and facilitate communication across engineering, operations, and marketing managers and OEM partners to meet aggressive cost, schedule, and quality goals
- Lead cross-functional communication between project teams and external vendors via leading face-to-face meetings, conference calls and written communications
- Provide timely issue resolution and critical path management
- Offer multiple levels of status via written and verbal communication
- Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key stakeholders for decision making
- BS degree required
- Field of study: engineering (ME) preferred
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Vito Shiva