Enterprise API Architect
Chicago Chicago, IL 60654
Job Title: Enterprise API Architect
Location: Chicago, IL
Duration: 6 Months
Looking for an experienced Enterprise API Architect to enhance client’s API product offerings. You will have hands on experience enhancing API platform to enable and enforce API governance, equip developer community with tools to reduce development turnaround and reduce time-to-market of services.
This role will collaborate with business and technology leaders, stakeholders, developers and analysts to understand digital transformation initiatives and develop technical solutions that satisfy those needs. This individual will provide SME knowledge to cross domain teams and champion introduction of API related technologies in multiple business and architecture domains. This role will be responsible for driving the adoption of the software architecture best practices to capture new market share using advanced digital technologies. Responsible for driving change that moves technology and the business forward. The individual will provide technical leadership to large, strategic, highly complex system development projects involving multiple platforms. The individual will provide thought leadership to improve our existing offering and craft innovative solutions to evolve the application architecture to the “Go to forward” strategy.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
The role is highly influential to spearhead the vision and architecture to harness the full benefits of frictionless user experience. This role requires advanced technical skillset in depth and an ability to effectively communicate across both application development and product teams. The ideal candidate possesses a good blend of business and technical aptitude and has a strong need to learn new things as well as research customer insights, trends and business challenges.
- Hands-on architect to define the best practices and standards to be used in development and adoption of APIs.
- Create and maintain technology roadmaps and align them with the current and future business needs.
- Design and architect mission critical web applications using PaaS, IaaS and CaaS services.
- Design and architect innovative solutions for digital transformation initiatives.
- Provide oversight over architecture and design as part of CoE responsibilities.
- Collaborate with the delivery teams to determine technical direction and approach to system design and implementation.
- Accountable for highly complex enterprise-wide projects requiring in-depth knowledge across multiple specialized architectural domains.
- Establish reference architecture for digital services.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to provide strategic and technical leadership to ensure digital solutions and related architectures adhere to industry best practices while delivering business outcomes.
- Harvest best practices and document lessons learned as part of the continuous improvement of the Next Gen architecture.
- Ability to drive innovation in practical, actionable way.
- Research and evaluating enterprise technologies and 3rd party solutions.
- Apply current and emerging trends for digital technology.
- Deliver presentations to small and large groups including executive level management internally and externally.
- Experience with matrix organizations consisting of cross-functional teams and experience in driving large-scale change efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in CIS, MIS, EE, or other related degrees. Willing to consider High School Diploma with prior Enterprise Software Architecture in lieu of college degree.
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- 5+ years’ experience developing and managing API and SOA based applications.
- 3+ years’ experience in architecting web or mobile solutions for clients.
- Solid IT implementation and solutions delivery experience.
- Strong fundamentals of core Java and spring boot micro services architecture.
- Understanding of quality standards and best practices, TDD/BDD concepts, and mobile best practices.
- Experience in developing extensible front-end architecture adaptable to emerging tools and technologies.
- Strong understanding of SOA, Restful, Event Driven, and Microservices technologies for large scale, multi-team development environments.
- Broad experience with cloud service providers such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud.
- Strong Experience in UI Frameworks such as NodeJS, AngularJS and React.
- Hands-on experience with DevOps tool implementation and use at enterprise scale.
- Master Degree or MBA
- Industry experience, in development and architecture of software platforms or products.
- Good exposure on Restful APIs and stateless server approaches.
- Experience creating architecture and roadmaps for enabling digital transformation within a business.
- Hands on experience with technology planning and road mapping.
- Experience with a variety of DB technologies such as MySQL, Oracle, and NoSQL DBs.
- Experience in cloud implementations with IaaS/CaaS (Amazon) and PaaS (PCF).
- Strong understanding of storage and network architecture.
- Experience with operationalization of Chatbots, Robotic Process Automation, Conversational UIs
- Experience in Financial Services with a focus on enterprise architecture.
- TOGAF or SEI – Software Architecture Certification etc.
Monalisa: firstname.lastname@example.org - 678-686-9381
Arya: email@example.com - 732-307-9855