San Francisco San Francisco, CA 94103
Job Title: Event Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA - 94103
Duration: 12+ Months
About Client: Our client is an American company specializing in audio noise reduction and audio encoding/compression. They are highly specialized in audio and Video equipment and technology. They located in multiple location and supporting and different projects which will provide great support in Cinema and production industry.
- We are currently seeking a successful, enthusiastic Corporate Event Manager to join our Event Experiences team. Primary responsibilities will include supporting the execution of tradeshows and events as assigned.
- The ideal candidate should be professional, dependable, and have a great attitude. This role requires someone who is detailed, extremely organized, and can manage multiple projects at once.
- Plan events from start to finish according to pre-set objectives and for specific target audiences. Events include tradeshows (MEC, Enterprise Connect), corporate events (sales conference, employee events), customer events (at HQ), as well as supporting Executive Briefing Visits at Headquarters.
- Manage all event details including overall program management, stakeholder interlock, C-level executive approvals, catering, timelines, budgets, floor plans, facilities set up/breakdown, collateral production, registration, hotel room blocks, signage, etc.
- Manage outside vendors and agencies
- Manage multiple concurrent events/tradeshows with overlapping schedules
- Anticipate and troubleshoot any event problems that should arise
- Analyze an event’s success and prepare stakeholder and C-level post-event reports
- Drive internal communications
- Oversee launch of customer/partner meetings scheduling process, including implementation, execution and post-event reporting
- Provide deliverable deadline guidance for logistics/IT/signage at events and ensure critical deadlines are communicated, tracked and met
- Min. 7 years’ experience as an event manager (preferably in-house)
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Calendaring, etc
- Must be a self-starter, problem-solver, take direction and work well independently as well as in teams
- Equally comfortable interacting with senior-level executives and support staff (i.e., caterers, cleaning crews, etc.)
- Experience managing invitation/registration/scheduling tools (i.e., SplashThat, JiffleNow, etc.)
- Outstanding communication, organizational and leadership skills. Skilled at aligning cross-functional teams.
- A proactive approach to handling challenges that might arise and ability to quickly troubleshoot problems. Ability to stay calm under pressure and be able to switch gears at any moment whether it be the design of the event or job responsibilities.
- Willingness to be versatile and flexible in a rapidly changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency, meeting deadlines and benchmarks
- Substantial budget management experience
- Hotel rooming lists and registration experience is a plus.
- Ability to travel (10-20%)
- BSc/BA in marketing, hospitality management or related field is preferred
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Newton @ email@example.com - 415 903 5214