Field Technician - III
Columbia Columbia, SC 29201
Job Title : Field Technician - III
Location : Columbia, SC
Duration : 31 Months of Contract (Potential to Extend)
About Client: Our client is a leading communication technology company which has been at the center of the communications revolution for over 100 years. They are one of the largest in the world which helps people, businesses and things communicate better. They make it possible for people to stay in touch and businesses to connect with their customers. They are also bringing technology and hands-on learning opportunities directly to kids who need it most. Their goal is to inspire tomorrow’s creators to use technology to build brighter futures for themselves, their families and the world.
- Candidate will be responsible for the assembly, installation, monitoring, testing and maintenance of telecommunications and associated electronic equipment and wiring per published equipment specifications and Client’s operational procedures, both at technical facilities and customer premises.
- Candidate will be responsible for performing technical duties and use expertise to resolve difficult problems and may require guidance on new and/or complex assignments.
- Will be responsible for the installation, monitoring, testing, maintenance, repair and removal of telecommunications and associated electronic equipment, including CPE and wiring per specifications and operational procedures, both in technical facilities as well as on customer property.
- Will be responsible for performing testing using testing devices, processes and diagnostic procedures, calibrates, adjusts and performs routine maintenance on electronic equipment and circuitry according to published equipment standards.
- Candidate need to install and configure LAN/WAN internetworking hardware to meet engineered specification and customer expectations.
- Will be responsible for installing and configuring IP Telephony hardware to meet engineered specifications and customer expectations.
- Candidate needs to assemble, install and/or test fiber optic transmission and Ethernet.
- He needs to assembles, installs and/or tests telecommunications equipment to include floor drilling, relay rack, ladder rack and other frame work.
- Must responsible for installs upgrades and/or maintains DC battery plant.
- Candidate will be responsible for installing and/or maintaining generators and generator equipment.
- Medical Department evaluation may be required. May require Department of Transportation Physical and Drug Screen.
- Candidate must have ability to perceive differences in wire and cable colors and distinguish audio tones.
- Where driving is required, candidate must have a valid state driver's license with a satisfactory driving record
- Candidate must demonstrate proficiency in the operation of a vehicle equipped with a standard (manual shift) transmission.
- Security background investigation may be required.
- Candidate requires an in-depth knowledge of specialized telecommunications equipment, systems and processes as well as department policies and procedures.
- Must have ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with both internal and external customers.
- Must have knowledge of inside plant operations to include but not limited to transport equipment (Cienna 6500, Fujitsu flashwave) and equipment installation
- Candidate must have knowledge of outside plant
- Should have knowledge of outside plant operations, such as ULH, GPON, optical ring configuration & basic dc plant
- Associate’s degree or certification in electronics and 2+ years of job related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Hank Rajguru @ email@example.com - 678-487-8569
Eric Smith @ firstname.lastname@example.org - 678-250-9914