Follow Up Collections Representative
Emeryville Emeryville, CA 94608
Job Title : Follow Up Collections Representative
Location : Emeryville, CA - 94608
Duration : 3 Months contract (Higher possibility to extend)
About Client: Our Client serves the local, regional and global communities by forming strategic alliances and developing strong partnerships to improve health, enhance opportunities for education and foster research collaborations around the world.
- Responsible for examining and evaluating accounts for follow-up action by researching missing payments and reviewing EOB (Explanation of Benefits), APEX and RMS.
- Should make daily inquiries on unresolved invoices by phone or through the internet and review of non-payment and/or incorrect payment for possible appeal.
- Responsible for analyzing Explanation of Benefits (EOBs) for accurate posting of rejection, adjustment and other posting requirements needed in APEX.
- Initiate Charge Correction request, complete and submit refund request with detailed back-up to the unit manager for approval.
- Responsible for billing or rebilling corrected claims by calling insurance companies and following up on claims and outstanding insurance account.
- Adheres to the rules and regulations of the different types of payers such as Medicare, Medi-Cal, CCS, PPO, EPO, HMO, and commercial insurance.
- Requires flexibility to orient and work at all client’s locations.
Required Experience And Certification:
- Should have associates or bachelor’s degree.
- Should have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Should have minimum 1 year of previous insurance follow up experience.
- Should have knowledge of CCI edits, Profee Grid, CPT / ICD-9 or ICD-10 and HCPC.
- Should have experience with denial management, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, APEX, Payor Web Portals, Health Logic, government and/or non-government websites.
- Should have professional fee billing experience.
- Should have experience with Medicare, Medical, CCS, HMO, PPO and EPIC.
- Should have prior working knowledge of the EPIC (Apex) system, especially PB or HB Insurance Follow up Module(s).
- Should be a Certified Procedural Coder (CPC).
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Sabrina: email@example.com - 678-487-8581
Pearl: firstname.lastname@example.org - 678-250-9917
Regina: email@example.com - 678-310-2892