Hadoop Admin with Elastic Search
Houston Houston, TX 77002
Job Title: Hadoop Admin with Elastic Search
Location: Houston TX - 77002
Duration: 6+ Months contract
About our Client : Client Technologies is a software products and services company focused on creating powerful and intelligent enterprises through deep data awareness, data integration and advanced data analytics. Our products and services are designed to empower the real-time data driven enterprise to help our clients win in the modern world of digital transformation. Client is proud to partner with such Fortune 100 clients as American Express, Bank of America, Capital One, Fannie Mae, McKesson, Toyota, United Airlines, Verizon and more.
Designing, operationalizing, maintaining and scaling production Kafka clusters
- Responsible for Kafka tuning, capacity planning, disaster recovery, replication, and troubleshooting.
- Implementing Kafka security, limiting bandwidth usage, enforcing client quotas, backup and restoration.
- In-depth understanding of the internals of Kafka cluster management, Zookeeper, partitioning, schema registry, topic replication and mirroring
- Architect, configure, deploy and maintain Elasticsearch clusters.
- Architect and deploy Elastic Cloud Enterprise
- Configure Logstash and Beats to collect data necessary to meet client requirements.
- Configure X-Pack plugins to include Security, Watcher, Machine Learning, Monitoring, Graph, and Reporting.
- Design, implement, and configure Kibana visualizations and dashboards.
- Modernizing ETL pipelines through the use of Kafka and Elastic.
- Maintaining Kafka connectors to move data between systems.
- Working with enterprise architects to advise on best practices for Kafka & Elasticsearch both on prem and in the cloud.
- Experience training, mentoring and leading an emerging team is beneficial
- Knowledge of Cloud Formation/Terraform scripts.
- Work closely with Big Data and AWS cloud technology groups.
- Experience with open source Kafka distributions as well as enterprise Kafka products preferred.
- Familiarity with both cloud native Kafka (on AWS) and on-premise architectures.
- Managing Kafka & Elasticsearch clusters & creating tools to automate and improve clusters' reliability and performance.
- Design and implement DR solutions for Confluent and Apache Kafka and Elasticsearch.
- Lead and participate in OnCall rotation for production support.
- BS in Computer Science and/or equivalent work experience required
- Strong data analysis skills; ability to independently write scripts/code to parse and analyze complex data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Communicate and work effectively in a team environment
- 3+ years of experience architecting and implementing Kafka clusters in a large-scale enterprise environment.
- 3+ years of experience with Elastic (Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana) in a large-scale enterprise environment.
- 3+ years of experience supporting Linux environments.
- 3+ years of experience with Shell scripting.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Anil Awasthi @ email@example.com - Direct: 678-345-1736