Hadoop Data Engineer
San Jose San Jose, CA 94088
Job Title Hadoop Data Engineer
Location San Jose, CA - 94088
About Our Client: Part of the Group, client is a US$4.6 billion company with over 115,000 employees across 90 countries. It provides services to customers which include Fortune 500 companies. It is also one of the Fab 50 companies in Asia, a list compiled by Forbes. client was ranked #5 in India's software services (IT) firms and overall #111 in Fortune India 500 list for 2012. client, on 25 June 2013, announced the completion of a merger with other company.
- the Data and Analytics Platform team resides within Adobe's Information and Data Services team and we are looking for a Hadoop Platform Engineer who will be responsible for the implementation and ongoing administration of Hadoop infrastructure including designing, deploying, monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting.
- The challenge:
- The Cloud Technology organization builds platform and client services that are foundational building blocks for many other Adobe products and services. Areas of focus include: identity, security, cloud storage, e-commerce, workflow management, synchronization, customer facing web apps, scalability, infrastructure management and search, just to name a few. Our mission is to build highly scalable, highly available and highly resilient services that fulfill the business objectives of Adobe.
- The Data and Analytics Platform team resides within Adobe's Information and Data Services team and we are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer who will be responsible for the implementation and ongoing administration of Hadoop infrastructure including monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting.
- Own the platform architecture and drive it to the next level of effectiveness to support current and future requirements
- Design, implement and maintain security, data capacity, node forecasting and planning.
- Provide hardware architectural guidance, plan and estimate cluster capacity, and create roadmaps for the Hadoop cluster deployment.
- Closely work with the Hadoop development, infrastructure, network, database, and business intelligence teams.
- Participate in a 12x7 rotation for production issue escalations.
- Communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in deploying/configuring Cloudera/HDP/core Apache Hadoop and related infrastructure.
- Experience in tools integration, automation, configuration management systems.
- Experience with networking, systems administration skills.
- 3+ years of hands on working experience on Hadoop infrastructure stack (Ex: HDFS, MapReduce, HBase, Flume, Spark, Pig, Hive, Oozie, YARN, Zookeeper, Presto, etc).
- 2+ years of experience in Python or Perl.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience. Sub Con 65
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Yamini: email@example.com - 678-203-2377