Healthcare Practice Coordinator
San Francisco San Francisco, CA 94143
Job Title: Healthcare Practice Coordinator
Location: San Francisco CA - 94143
Duration: 2 + Months (Potential for Extension)
About Our Client: Our Client serves the local, regional and global communities by forming strategic alliances and developing strong partnerships to improve health, enhance opportunities for education and foster research collaborations around the world.
- Responsible for representing the administrative team by working closely with clinical and management teams to support practice operations, customer service recovery and intervention efforts.
- Supports all the functions of the administrative teams including CRM messages, telephone encounters, referrals, APeX in-baskets, scanning, filing, authorizations, and billing.
- Assists with all routine clerical operations, communications ,telephone Standards to patients, staff all the times.
- Collaborates with medical, hospital staff and departments to ensuring the accuracy of the information flow which makes a difference for patients in an outpatient care unit by providing excellent customer service, facilitating to maximize unit efficiency.
- The candidate should be self-reliant individual who synthesizes knowledge of practice operations in order to problem-solve, prioritize and facilitate complex transactions in the course of daily activities.
- Acts as the primary contact for referring physicians and new patients
- Schedules and registers patients by telephone or in person before first appointment meeting established accuracy and performance standards.
- Responds to patient’s online Web appointment requests for patients utilizing the online appointment system.
- Works with primary care environment acts as the coordinator for all of patient’s needs(work release, disability, immunization records) and is principally responsible for the continuity of care for patients which includes a significant amount of support for patients at the time of the visit and between visits by reports any malfunctioning of equipment.
- Collaborates with patients and staff to confirm availability and accuracy of medical information within APeX and performs cash collection, depositing functions to ensure compliance with all hospital policies and procedures.
- Secures authorization for surgical procedures and coordinates with Hospital Admissions Department as needed.
- Works RFI work queues to secure information for accurate billing submissions or to respond to denials such as retro authorizations, clinical documentation, and attended authorizations with add on CPT codes(ICD-9 and ICD-10) for the purpose of scheduling and securing authorization.
Roles And Responsibilities :
- Verifies insurance and referral information for first appointment ensuring referral records and Hospital Accounts Records are created, assigned, schedules and coordinates any pre-appointment tests or appointments and explains in layman’s terminology to patient including pathology slides and radiology films to bring or send prior to the first visit.
- Prepare and mail New Patient Packet or sends through MyChart provides other information requested by patient.
- Gives directions and instructions to patients before the first appointment by managing patient expectations by providing specific guidelines related to service or visit.
- Assists patients (in and out) surgeries for the surgical practice like(pre-surgical tests, necessary resources and equipment) by ensuring that all surgical procedures are scheduled within a clinically appropriate time frame.
- Utilizes legacy systems and Apex to retrieve pertinent patient data Triages all telephone calls, screening for emergencies and routing all messages, requests for same day appointments, refill requests, e to the appropriate box.
- Assists with apex in-baskets and phone messages when other members of the team are absent providing administrative support to patient care (sending patient letters, educational materials, results of lab tests) and tests providing appropriate instructions to patients.
- Must have an knowledge of multiple clinical symptoms and their associated escalation level with a common sense approach to escalate or take action to speed along a process by immediate clinical intervention.
- Updating and closing CRM messages and converting CRM messages into telephone encounters and provide service by the Ambulatory Services Call Center or Utilizes Phone Bank protocols to determine when to involve a clinician on a call due to urgent or emergent symptomatology.
- Able to accurately utilize documentation steps when leaving a telephone encounter open pending further communications with the caller Enter new incoming referrals entering authorization information as appropriate.
- Change order class of labs from lab collection and clinic collection or client Collect and External Collect.
- Maintain confidentiality and HIPAA guidelines including the distribution of NOPPs orders(med refills, referrals, procedures)associate with a diagnosis and route to provider for review and signature.
- Provide activities which are mandatory by the joint commission and title 22 standards.
- Assists co-workers to help address work load problems and cover vacation or sick leave openings by providing 1:1 and team training for new hires and new initiatives and procedures.
- Coordinate with ergonomic specialists to avoid workplace injury and infection control policies related.
- Moderate complex environmental responsibilities and serves as practice deputy for life activities helps lead drills.
- Supports all performance, improvement as outlined by the MC leadership through active participation and initiation notifies providers of patient delays and service issues.
- Acts and advocate for patients to help facilitate provider punctuality in seeing patients according to schedule.
- Offers suggestions for change or improvement in clinic and practice operations.
- Should be comfortable building rapport with patients quickly and is able to work effectively with and without supervision and remain calm and friendly in all interactions with patients.
- Must have high school graduate with four years related experience.
- Should passes fingerprinting protocol and is approved to be a cash collector and Basic math skills required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical practice terminology. administrative/office coordination skills Ability to deal sensitively and effectively with patients.
- Experience in health care(medical, dental or veterinary) is required.
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual and foreign languages (Spanish, Cantonese, and Russian) are strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with EPIC is good to have.
- Advanced customer service skills in working with and providing exceptional customer service to patients.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Victor: email@example.com - 678-487-8577