Healthcare Practice Manager
San Francisco San Francisco, CA 94115
Job Title : Healthcare Practice Manager
Location : San Francisco, California - 94115
Duration : 5+ Months contract (Higher possibility to extend)
About Client: Our Client serves the local, regional and global communities by forming strategic alliances and developing strong partnerships to improve health, enhance opportunities for education and foster research collaborations around the world.
- Responsible for developing, monitoring, and maintaining procedures for patient registration, appointments, reception and insurance verification in order to ensure consistently prompt, effective service to patients and visitors.
- Should be able to develop effective systems for all aspects of patient service management including visit-based services and associated needs (for example, management of patient requests for information, prescription refills).
- Monitors Televox and Enterprise Cancellation Line activity for appointment cancellations.
- Differentiates patient complaints from risk management issues and promotes efficient responses and resolution of risk issues.
- Supervises daily activities of 12+ staff responsible for all practice administrative functions (registration, new patient coordination, scheduling, authorization, reception, record management, etc).
- Responsible for developing schedules for staff assignments and delegates workload according to operational priorities.
- Provides regular feedback on employee performance through routine meetings with individuals and functional units. Writes employee evaluations and measurable performance improvement plans.
- Tracks performance issues of employees and escalates problems to management and labor relations.
- Interviews all job candidates and completes all pre-hire paperwork and requirements.
- Regularly assesses practice against current standards and establishes plans to address deficiencies and completes required action plans as appropriate.
- Ensures appropriate training and certification of staff in use of all applicable IT systems and applications (e.g..APeX, HBS, PMM).
- Monitors telephone call processing, answering service, patient portal and web-based scheduling systems, identifies problems and resolves. Assesses effectiveness of system use by practice.
- Directs system upgrades or EMR roll-out as pertinent to administrative staff uses.
- Develop budgets proposing cost estimates or savings for selected projects.
- Performs moderately complex revenue management functions for the practice, including developing and revising encounter forms and producing reports.
- Oversees APeX Review Workqueues. Identifies common report items and acts proactively to reduce occurrence, reviews rejection reports and analyzes detail by rejection type.
- Audits cash handling procedures and monitors co-pay collection activity against expected collections.
- Works with revenue management department to identify changes / corrections to encounter forms.
- Updates forms with annual HCPCS / CPT / ICD-9 changes where indicated.
- Has signature authority for approving accounts payable (limited).
- Manages equipment maintenance agreements assuring vendor compliance with service standards.
Required Experience And Certification:
- Should have a BA/BS in business, health care administration or related field with 5-10 years of overall experience in related field.
- Should have at least 5 years experience supervising multiple or complex business units, departments, or sites.
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation skills and MS office products.
- Should have knowledge / experience with IDX and/or EPIC software utilization and installation.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Regina: email@example.com - 678-310-2892
Cindy : firstname.lastname@example.org - 678-250-9927