Healthcare Privacy Analyst
San Francisco San Francisco, CA 94118
Job Title : Healthcare Privacy Analyst
Location : San Francisco, CA 94118
Duration : 2 Months contract (Higher possibility to extend)
About Client: Our Client serves the local, regional and global communities by forming strategic alliances and developing strong partnerships to improve health, enhance opportunities for education and foster research collaborations around the world.
- The person coming in this role is responsible for reviewing, negotiating, approving and providing alternate language for edits to contractual documents which include Business Associate Agreements, Appendix Data Security, EHR Donation Agreements, Community Connect Agreements, Affiliation Agreements and Data Sharing Agreements.
- Responsible for assisting Operations Manager/Campus Privacy Program Manager with annual HIPAA BAA training for client’s Contract Officers.
- Interface with multiple law schools, interview and select candidates for a legal internship.
- Oversees the new Privacy Legal Intern program which will entail assisting Operations Manager/Campus Privacy Program Manager in collaborating with USF Law School and UC Hastings to continue the new program, conduct performance evaluations with each Intern.
- Should respond and resolve investigations, grievances, and consults, including complex fraud, ethical, research, and legal issues related to privacy, in a multidisciplinary and collaborative manner, and to document per Privacy Office procedures.
- Responds to Office of Civil Rights and other legal entities in any compliance reviews or investigations related to Privacy Office activities including Root Cause Analyses (RCAs) or Whistleblower or I Group review as appropriate.
- Should coordinate correction action plans with relevant compliance/audit and administrative units and assures appropriate follow up and/or service recovery for mitigation and remediation strategies.
- Applies expertise in risk assessment and privacy policies to propose a process for investigating, adjudicating, and taking action on all privacy related issues and complaints.
- Responsible for the most sensitive of investigation subjects.
- Assist the Operations Manager/Campus Privacy Program Manager with the UCOP mandated Campus Privacy Program by creating and implementing a Campus Privacy Assessment to identify gaps, weaknesses and risks.
- Responsible for analyzing, handling all FERPA related privacy and security incidents/breaches and inquiries in conjuction with the Registrar.
- Should identify issues across the organization and develop methods and systems to mitigate risk and improve overall compliance.
- Should research and propose new audit methodologies and tools.
- Conducts high profile and / or sensitive audits.
- Establishes mechanisms to monitor compliance with privacy policies, such as through periodic site visits and surveillance of users' access to protected health information, as required by law.
- Develops appropriate analytical and procedural framework for addressing the issues in the organization.
- Create parameters for the Auditing and Monitoring program and BCHO and UBCP.
- Responsible for developing methods and seeks opportunities to increase manager and staff awareness of privacy and compliance programs and associated processes.
- Should participate in developing curriculum and materials and teaching in periodic training information and education.
Skills and Experience:
- Should have a bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Should have a master's degree or equivalent experience as privacy analyst in a healthcare setting.
- Should have California State Bar membership (Required for Privacy Legal Intern Program).
- Should be certified in Healthcare Compliance, Healthcare Privacy and Security (CHPS) and IAPP Certification: Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) or Information Privacy Manager (CIPM).
- Should have knowledge on current HIPAA regulations, state medical and public agency privacy laws, and medical center and UC procedures. Strong knowledge of the clinical and operational issues regarding compliance and assessing risk.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable state and federal laws related to Privacy, Confidentiality and Security of Protected Health Information (PHI), Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and other Restricted
- Should have excellent communication skills – both written and oral.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Sally: email@example.com - 678-606-9872
Venessa: firstname.lastname@example.org - 678-203-2372