Healthcare Unit Representative Pre-Admissions
Emeryville Emeryville, CA 94608
Job Title: Healthcare Unit Representative – Pre-Admissions
Location: Emeryville CA - 94608
Duration: 6 + Months contract (high potential for extension)
About Our Client: Our Client serves the local, regional and global communities by forming strategic alliances and developing strong partnerships to improve health, enhance opportunities for education and foster research collaborations around the world.
- Responsible to collect patient demographic information, financial/insurance data and calculate/discuss liability estimates with the patient.
- Verify clinical information and collects data from patient reservation forms, surgery schedule, special procedures schedules to update in the APEX system.
- Assists with patients registration services such as observation (ONB) status, ambulatory surgery, outpatient procedures in the absence of the outpatient registrar for general services or Inpatient admissions.
- Coordinates with physicians’ office staff to authorization data in the registration and insurance verification screens.
- Assists patients and physician staff through registration, admitting process, and any clinical queries as required.
- Performs staff meetings to assimilate changes in procedures, new program requirements or training reviews of existing procedures.
- Maintain proficiency and comply with all applicable infection control, health, safety policies/procedures as implemented by the department and Medical Center.
- Supports with gathering data, maintaining statistical information, assisting with special projects.
- Must have high school diploma or GED with 2 years of relevant experience in admitting worker or comparable level.
- Should have proficiency in health insurance eligibility, authorization requirements, reimbursement of financial policies.
- Knowledge on government program regulations, Medi-Cal, Medicare, MIA, C.C.S., and other third party payors is highly preferred.
- Ability to work in flexible hours - holidays, weekends, overtime and other shifts as assigned.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Sabrina @ firstname.lastname@example.org - 678-487-8581
Regina @ email@example.com - 510-201-5205