IP Telephony Engineer
DOE Bedminster, NJ 07921
Job Title : IP Telephony Engineer
Duration : 20 Months
Location : Bedminster, NJ - 07921
About Our Client: Our Client is leading multinational telecommunications conglomerate and is the largest telecommunications company. It is one of the largest provider of mobile telephone services and the largest provider of fixed telephone services in the United States. It is one of the largest companies in the world as measured by a composite of revenues, profits, assets and market valuation.
- The Selected IPT Engineer would be responsible for reactively monitoring customer data networks and Call Managers to provide fault isolation and remote troubleshooting.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The Selected contractor will act as a front-line interface to customers, accepting trouble reports and dispatching them to appropriate personnel and/or carriers.
- troubleshoot and diagnose problems on proprietary IP networks.
- Should be able to Interact with Carriers and Customers to report events and/or resolution of events.
- Need to Participate in tracking and prioritization of ticket-handling, including inter-shift turnover.
- Should be Capable of sharing best practices with users in NOCC applications and system fundamentals.
- Excellent communication skills and understanding of prioritizing escalation events is essential with the ability to follow instructions - both written and verbal.
- The Selected contractor in this position will take direction from senior Service Delivery Voice Engineers in order to implement CISCO UC solutions for our clients.
- Need to assist in the root cause determination of network and related problems.
- Should be able to solve complex technical problems, including those which require research and/or extensive analysis in order to resolve.
- Need Advanced knowledge in the area of networking and Cisco UC equipment configuration.
- Sound experience in complete understanding of voice/data networking.
- Requires advanced knowledge of networking protocols (e.g. H.323, SIP, BGP, VRF’s etc), and topologies is required.
- Should have Strong client interfacing skills. Understanding of physical and logical layer design and implementation
- Proficient in the area of voice networking and Cisco IPT equipment configuration, specifically: CUCM(Cisco Unified Call Manager), Unity Connections (Voice mail), Presence, CUCDM/Voss, Cisco Voice Gateway (MGCP, H323, SIP), Jabber, CUBE-SP, and SRST configurations.
- Primary responsibilities include IPT Site deployments, Test and Turn-ups, and First Day of Business activities.
- The Job required Flexible work hours, as deployment activities are normally scheduled for Outside of normal business day times, including weekends.
- Should have obtained Cisco Industry recognized certification related to Unified Communications (CCNA-Voice, CCNP-Voice, CCIE-Voice) and demonstrated solid Layer 2 & 3 competencies or is working towards professional, expert or specialty certification with 6 or more years Network support or network engineering
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Shiva @ email@example.com ; 678-487-8565
Max @ firstname.lastname@example.org ; 678- 606-5016