Boise Boise, ID 83702
Job Title: IT support
Duration: 6 Months with possible Extensions
Location: Boise, ID 83702
About our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- Order IT equipment in Micron Ariba webtool: Laptops, docking stations, monitors, etc.; Follow up on Ariba approvals and receipt of equipment
- Store equipment and keep inventory of loaner or returned laptops, monitors, docking stations, keyboards, mice, etc.
- Troubleshoot and repair hardware and software issues on corporate notebooks/workstations.
- Maintain list of part numbers/information for ordering replacement equipment: HDMI cables for desktop monitors or conference rooms, Active cable adapters, etc.
- Set up equipment in cubes for new employees, assist with moves and pick up/store equipment for terminated employees.
- Basic Wifi equipment support and laptop/workstation networking expertise.
- Co-ordinate delivery, receive equipment, and store shipment in instructed location
- Unbox equipment (servers/switches/UPS), rack into lab racks and breakdown packing material per requirements for pick up; Update receipt in Ariba tool as needed
- Structured cabling of data center hardware (racks, PDUs, servers, cabling, etc)
- Work with hardware vendors on support, RMAs and warranty issues, when hardware failures occur
- Manage equipment shipping requests independently
- Coordinate eWaste pick up requests
- Assist with physical server hardware upgrades or modifications (e.g. screw drives and install onto servers, DRAM/CPU installs on server motherboards)
- Procure lab equipment working with assigned Micron procurement contacts and using Micron procurement tools; Follow up on POs until delivery; Acknowledge receipt in tool once installed
- Assist with lab inventory activities/asset management/asset disposal in the lab for equipment and parts (storage, part labelling, equipment document filing etc.)
- Basic server OS (Linux, Windows) installation on lab server hardware
- Basic server hardware troubleshooting
- Basic networking knowledge to debug/triage server connectivity problems
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Ram @ firstname.lastname@example.org ; 678-257-2405