IT Support Technician
Naperville , Illinois Naperville , IL 60563
Job Title: IT Support Technician
Location: Naperville , Illinois - 60563
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 Months
About Our Client: Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
Essential Job Responsibilities:
To serve as a system support quality assurance lead with the responsibility of providing leadership for overall support quality; to provide guidance and mentoring; to provide an escalation quality validation point; to identify, research and resolve complex technical problems; to create and manage escalation procedures and ensure service levels are maintained; to perform required documentation and monthly quality ticket review; and track and monitor issues ensuring resolution in a timely manner.
Essential Functions And Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership, direction, and support to a team of IT Support colleagues.
- Ensures IT Support processes and procedures are adhered to and departmental objectives are met.
- Acts as quality assurance by identifying, researching, resolving and responding to technical and non-technical issues or questions from internal and external customers.
- Monitors workloads and status; supports colleagues by providing advice on handling complex issues.
- Ensures company customer service standards are met.
- Communicates high visibility issues to immediate supervisor.
- Maintains good client relationships.
- Serves as a final level of quality for issue escalation research.
- Continues to identify areas of improvement (process or employee).
- Identifies, researches, replicates issues, resolves and responds to issues or questions received from internal and external customers as needed.
- Manages complex troubleshooting and software development issues as needed.
- Maintains intimate knowledge of claim systems, adjuster job functions and company workflow and processes as needed to solve support related issues.
- Escalates calls to the appropriate departments as needed.
- Assists in the resolution of support issues to decrease downtime and to bring about high levels of satisfaction as needed.
- Provides status and follow-up information to internal or external customers as needed.
Additional Functions And Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Administers company personnel policies in all areas and follows company staffing standards and training recommendations.
- Interviews, hires and establishes colleague performance development plans; conducts colleague performance discussions.
- Provides support, guidance, leadership and motivation to promote maximum performance.
- When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations. Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position. The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven understanding and knowledge of Quality
- Good knowledge of service center processes and procedures
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Leadership/management/motivational skills
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Good judgment and discretion skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and set priorities
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
- Ability to complete required number of monthly quality monitors
- Five (5) years of Help Desk or technical support service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Supervisory experience preferred.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- IT support
- Technical support
- Help desk
- Service center
- Customer service
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent customer service skills
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving
- Quality assurance
- Quality program
- Retail sales
- Software development
- Structured software
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Shubham Bhopale