IT Systems Windows/MS Cluster SME L3
Burbank, California, US Burbank, CA 00000
Job Title: IT Systems Windows/MS Cluster SME L3
Location: Burbank, California, US
Job Type: Contract
Duration: Long Term
About Our Client: Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
The L3 IT Systems Engineer Will Be Responsible For And Involved With:
- 4 to 5 years Hands on experience in maintaining & troubleshooting complex Veritas cluster environment, experience should be in a large cluster environment (50-100 Cluster).
- 7 to 10 years of experience in Maintaining & troubleshooting Complex Windows Cluster environments, experience should be in a large cluster environment (50-200 Clusters).
- Build and run level activities for the various supported sites. Developing subject matter expertise for various technologies/services within the organization Participating in 3rd level operational support teams
- Lead and participate in System Automation, upgrade, architecture and road mapping activities, anticipate potential issues, troubleshoot, research and resolve issues and problems associated with server performance, capacity issues, and other Windows-related issues.
- Use of expert knowledge to resolve highly complex or escalated infrastructure problems. Configuration and automation for server, upgrades, performance management, capacity planning and trend analysis.
- Gather and develop an in-depth understanding of business requirements.
- Participate in ITIL initiatives and processes
- Collaborate with various IT partners (e.g. internal IT organizations, External suppliers, 3rd party vendors), business customers and end users.
- Be available for escalation issues
Extensive Knowledge And Technical Expertise Is Highly Preferred For The Following:
- Manage Clusters using Veritas Disk Management product suite
- Manage Clusters using Core Microsoft Clustering product & tools
- Manage and administer Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 clusters.
- Manage Microsoft or Veritas clusters, load balancing & high availability solutions.
- Well versed with Cluster validation, builds, failover testing exercises etc. Experience with DR for Clusters: Node, cluster, and site recovery procedures.
- Familiarity with multiple vendor hardware platforms
- Familiarity with hardware specific recovery and repair processes
- Familiarity with cluster recovery procedures involving network, storage, OS, patching, and applications
- Versed in Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) from Windows PowerShell
- Scripting knowledge specific to supporting and automating management of Microsoft Clusters
- Server hardware and problem solving skills, familiarity
- with HP & IBM Blade & Server Class hardware including Lights out management, KVM consoles and system configuration.
- Performance mgt, Capacity mgt, Monitoring Trends, Root Cause Analysis skills and Operational Support.
Technical Competence And Knowledge Is Preferred For The Following Disciplines:
- Active Directory management.
- Security management, including Group or local Policy Objects and,.
- TCP/IP Networking, Firewalls, DNS, WINS
- SAN & Network Attached Storage
- SQL Databases
- Basic VMWare ESX/VSphere knowledge and experience with Storage area Networks including EMC and/or NetApp systems
- HPSM, BMC Remedy or similar ticketing & escalation systems
Certifications For The Following Areas Is Desirable:
- Windows 2008/2012 MCSE/MCSA Certification
- Administration of Veritas Storage Foundation and High Availability Solutions 6.0 for Windows
- Microsoft Clustering
- ITIL v2 or v3
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Rajnish Bharti