IT Vendor and Contract Admin
Columbia Columbia, SC 29201
Job Title: IT Vendor and Contract Admin
Location: Columbia, SC - 29201
Duration: 12 Months Contract
About Client: Client is a federation of 36 separate United States health insurance organizations and companies, providing health insurance in the United States to more than 106 million people, also act as administrators of Medicare in many states or regions of the U.S. and provide coverage to state government employees as well as to the federal government employees under a nationwide option of the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program.
- Develop and implement the strategic sourcing and vendor relationship strategies.
- Work closely within IT to serve as the IT point of contact for product and service contract support, analysis, and negotiations.
- Responsible for the financial practices and procedures associated with the management of these contracts.
- (50%) Assists in the acquisition, negotiation, and renewal functions related to IT vendor contracts. Evaluate and determine the most cost-effective and efficient means of acquiring IT hardware, software, and services. Ensure contracts/licenses will cover potential scope and use of IT hardware, software, and services.
- (40%) Continually seeks optimal value in service from vendors, reviewing and monitoring performance and ROI metrics and initiating contract modifications. Monitors existing contracts, renegotiations, and renewal agreements.
- (10%) Qualifies vendors and provides information needed to maintain an appropriate vendor database and tracking system to manage the contract life cycle process.
Candidate Technical Background:
- Moderate understanding of a distributed system IT Infrastructure.
- Experience working in an IT Organization size greater than 500 People.
- Strong mainframe or distributed systems contract negotiation skills.
- Basic understanding of technical products and services needs across an IT enterprise.
- Has strong customer service orientation.
- Experience with and has strong contractual/financial modeling techniques.
- Experience supporting multiple contracts and enterprise agreements.
- Experience creating new contract metrics to competitively compensate vendors for utilization of products/services.
- Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Interaction with team members, negotiation activities with vendors, communication with internal customers and management, interfacing with the Law Department regarding contractual issues.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Vito @ firstname.lastname@example.org - 702-827-0376