Infrastructure Security Engineer
RTP RTP , NC 27709
Job Title: Infrastructure Security Engineer
Location: RTP, NC - 27709
Hire Type: Full Time or 1 Year Contract
About Our Client:
Part of the Group, client is a US$4.6 billion company with over 115,000 employees across 90 countries. It provides services to customers which include Fortune 500 companies. It is also one of the Fab 50 companies in Asia, a list compiled by Forbes. client was ranked #5 in India's software services (IT) firms and overall #111 in Fortune India 500 list for 2012. client, on 25 June 2013, announced the completion of a merger with other company.
The Infrastructure Foundations team in Cisco’s IT Infrastructure group, is looking for a qualified individual with security expertise in compute and storage infrastructure. You will join an infrastructure team responsible for securing devices in Cisco’s global datacenters.
In your role as a Security Engineer, you will participate in development, preparation and implementation of security tools and processes across our platforms. Developer expertise in common programming languages (Perl & Python) is a must as is operating system expertise (Linux & Windows). We are a global team with staff in multiple time zones. We follow Agile Scrum and Kanban methodologies and use the latest collaboration tools for communication. As our ideal candidate, you will be able to adapt to new technologies, learn quickly, solve unique problems in complex environments, and enjoy a fast-paced and friendly workplace. We look forward to welcoming you to the team!
- Expert level of knowledge with Linux operating system and storage technologies
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging cyber attack threats with potential to harm company systems and networks.
- Provide high level technical input into the design, deployment and operation of global IT Security management software and hardware devices including, but not limited to: Antivirus defense, Intrusion Detection, encryption systems, authentication and access control systems, network scanning and vulnerability assessment, etc.
- Devise and implement countermeasures to mitigate potential security threats
- Coordinate security assessments/reviews/audits of systems including applications, servers, remote access logs and web logs
- Knowledge with operating virtual infrastructure including Openstack, UCS and VMWare
- Proficient level of programming knowledge with Python and Perl.
- Working experience with Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira and other Agile frameworks
- Basic understanding of configuration management tool like Ansible/Puppet.
- Security certifications including CISSP, CEH or CCNA-Security
- Cloud security awareness and experience with IaaS
- Experience with conducing ad hoc system and application security testing
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Leo: Leon@askstaffing.com - 678-819-8518
Yamini: email@example.com - 678-203-2377