Internal Control Risk Manager
Johnston Johnston, RI 02919
Job Title: Internal Control Risk Manager
Location: Johnston, Rhode Island, US - 02919
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 3 Months Potential For Extension
About Our Client : Our client is currently one of the largest banks in the Northeast, with branches spanning from Chicago to Vermont. The bank is one of the leading provider of loans and mortgages to individuals and business in the markets they serve. With over 1,500 branches within their network, our client has been a trusted name in banking since the 1800’s and currently has over $130 billion in holdings.
- Coordinate with business unit management and manage all aspects of risk and assess on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor material risks associated with its activities, determining if actions need to be taken to strengthen risk management or reduce risk given performance against the business units risk profile and tolerances.
- Coordinate with business lines to develop action plans that will deliver intended outcomes within defined timelines.
- Providing knowledge on the appropriate implementation of regulations rules and industry standards through procedures, other guidelines.
- Performs detailed risk assessments, advises the business lines on risk mitigation actions and control self-assessments with the technology business lines.
- Assists with new products, initiatives and strategies from a risk and control perspective.
- Support the business units with various governance approvals related to new initiatives ensuring proper controls.
- Must have 5 years of relevant experience in senior auditor or in charge auditor type position.
- Should have experience in internal audit or external audit.
- knowledge of control design and control execution in line with industry frameworks such as COSO is required.
- Proficiency with business writing - drafting of issues from assurance or audit testing work.
- Efficiency in execution of controls - reconciliations and secondary reviews are required.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter