Plano, Texas Plano, TX 75075
Job Title: Java Developer
Location: Plano, Texas - 75075
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 Months
About Our Client: Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Sr Java Developer will be responsible for building highly scalable and reusable Microservices and providing technical direction for teams.
- They will provide technical leadership and expertise for architecting and building new platform capabilities for the heart of this high-volume transaction processing system, web applications for customer service, billing, payment and support systems and APIs for exposing capabilities to customers.
- They will partner with other architects, developers, analysts, as well as business partners and other AT&T technology teams.
- A successful candidate will deliver innovative, robust, cost effective technology solutions which align to enterprise strategies and achieve business results.
- Architecting and building Java based spring boot microservices on Kubernetes
- Innovating new approaches to meet business needs, lower costs, and improve agility
- Providing direction to technical leads on projects in work and reviewing designs / code
- Mentor other technical resources
- Hands on development experience
- Significant understanding of Microservice patterns & concepts & their application to application design and business solutions
- Champion best practices for Microservices (Domain Driven Design)
- Define Microservices based architecture to support Digitization of AT&T systems
- Design microservices that are scalable and reliable with high availability
- Identify and design API layer for service registry, management, throttling, routing etc.
- Design security and authentication features in compliance with company policies
- Design system with the right mix of Monitoring, Alerting and Tracing
- Define Templates for Development Teams and perform regular code reviews to ensure best practices are followed
- Design Integration layer using a combination of approaches (services, messaging etc.) to support downstream data flow and also work in concert with existing systems
- Develop services using technologies like but not limited to Spring Boot & Node
- Define strategy for Test Driven Development to ensure requirements coverage
- Prepare documentation where necessary, including training, process flows, system structure, etc.
Strong preferred Technical Skills:
- Java 1.8+
- Spring / Springboot / Jersey / Hibernate
- Junit / Mockito
Nice to have Technical Skills:
- Groovy Scripting
- Splunk / ELK Stack
- Prometheus / Grafana
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Sham Sunder Boda