L3 Network Security Engineer
Santa Clara Santa Clara, CA 95051
Job Title: L3 Network Security Engineer
Location: Santa Clara, CA - 95051
Duration: 6 months
About Our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- BGP & OSPF protocol
- Wireless – good knowledge
- Firewall- good knowledge to create policies etc- (Palo Alto firewall) and solid understanding of VPN and routing
- Anyone with experience on network automation is preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in networking and security roles BSCS or related field, MS preferred
- Working knowledge of using scripting ( Python/Bash ) to automate network tasks.
- Experience with using source code control for tracking configurations and changes
- Experience Ansible/Chef/similar config management framework for pushing network changes
- Expert knowledge of networking and routing protocols such as, TCP/IP, BGP4 (multi-homing), OSPF (multi-area), RIP, ISIS, etc.
- Expert working knowledge in the operation of Ethernet LAN switching protocols and standards including, VLANs, VLAN aggregation, Ether Channel, PVLANs, Spanning Tree & Rapid Spanning Tree, 802.1Q
- Extensive background in planning and designing projects and analyzing existing network systems and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness
- Experience with software load balancers and F5.
- Experience performing configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco & Arista routing/switching platforms
- Expert knowledge of firewalls technologies (PANW preferred), including VPNs and routing
- Experience with multi-tier architectures, including best practices around tier isolation (for databases, etc)
- Ability to analyze network packet traces (PCAP).
- Extensive knowledge of network security systems, intrusion detection systems and protocols including, ACE, ACS, VPN, GRE, IPSEC, IKE, TACACS, RADIUS, ACLs, 802.1x, audits, log files etc.
- Advanced knowledge of DNS and DHCP and Microsoft AD infrastructure.
- Strong analytical skills for interpreting business requirements and translating them into technical specifications
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Joseph Jallu @ Josephj@askstaffing.com Direct: +1 678-310-2648