Lead SAM Analyst
Denver Denver, CO 80002
Job Title: Lead SAM Analyst
Location: Denver, CO - 80002
About Our Client: Client Technologies is a next-generation global technology company that helps enterprises reimagine their businesses for the digital age. Our technology products, services and engineering are built on four decades of innovation, with a world-renowned management philosophy, a strong culture of invention and risk-taking, and a relentless focus on customer relationships. With a worldwide network of R&D, innovation labs and delivery centers, and 124,000+ ‘Ideapreneurs’ working in 41 countries, Client serves leading enterprises across key industries, including 250 of the Fortune 500 and 650 of the Global 2000.
- We are seeking a Lead IT Software Asset Management Analyst based at Clients global headquarters in Denver, Colorado.
- In this role, you will be required to drive software purchases and maintenance renewals, perform end-to-end software asset management activities (e.g., license inventory management, license usage verifications, maintenance cost/benefit analysis), establish best practices, lead cross-functional teams.
- Work assignments will include many vendor products, including desktop software and other products/services from major industry vendors
- Provide software asset management support to WU by leading the planning, consulting on purchase decisions, monitoring, recommend remediation strategies, comply with vendor required reporting harvesting and retirement of software assets, vendor audit central point of control, complete vendor true-ups as per contract terms and dates perform end-to-end SAM activities (e.g., license inventory management, license usage verifications, maintenance cost/benefit analysis), establish best practices, and lead cross-functional teams. Work assignments will include thousands of vendor products, including desktop software, servers, virtualization technologies, cloud based services and other products/services from major industry vendors
- Support the development, implementation and management of Flexera Software License Asset management tools
- Manually create or modify IT software entitlements asset records and associated contract records in appropriate software repository
- Update IT software license asset records, software license contracts and software maintenance agreements and associated relationships
- Ensure all the changes to vendor agreements are accurately reflected in SAM system as confirmed with license contract holders
- Research, upgrade or downgrade parameters that impact clients Right to Use (RTU) when creating or modifying software title counters
- Gather and understand the requirements in support of software purchases and software renewals
- Manage large and complex license alignment efforts to conclusion, ensuring that the process aligns with contract rights and best practices
- Educate internal clients and new team members about the VMO processes for purchasing software and renewing software maintenance
- Responsible for creating and updating software information within Flexera and other software asset management applications
- Involve in determining software license compliance based on software license right-to-use, software license agreements, maintenance agreements and software installations
- Drive software purchases and maintenance renewals (multi-million-dollar transactions)
- Analyze vendors software terms and conditions to determine alignment with business and user requirements
- Strong Expertise in licensing models of our top software products (Microsoft/IBM/Oracle) mandatory.
- Experience working with Flexera SAM tool (Mandatory)
- Knowledge and experience with software asset life cycle management processes planning, acquisition, deployment, monitoring and harvesting and retirement
- Experience in scripting and troubleshooting data integrity issues
- 5-6 years of experience
- SAM certification preferred (e.g., IAITAM Certified Software Asset Manager)
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Bruce Kulkarni email@example.com ; 678-606-9871