Austin Austin, TX 78701
Job Title: Legal Assistant
Location: Austin, TX - 78701
Duration: 12+ Months (Temp to perm potential)
About Client: Our client is a s responsible for investing funds under its stewardship and for delivering benefits to members as authorized by the Texas Legislature. Client is a defined benefit plan, with retirement benefits determined by a pre-established formula. The trust fund is sustained principally by three sources -- contributions by members during their working careers, contributions by the state and investment revenues.
Legal Investment Team and Compliance Team seeks a team player with strong interpersonal, organizational, MS Office(tm), and time management skills to support legal investment transaction, team management and reporting matters, and securities litigation matters.
- Perform work as assigned with multiple attorneys and team legal specialist;
- Manage numerous deliverable requests requiring coordination with multiple internal and external parties including internal employees in other divisions and external counsel;
- Compile, enter, and organize data for periodic reporting purposes;
- Prepare, format, and edit PowerPoint(tm) presentations, memoranda, meeting invitations and agendas, assignment logs, minutes, and other team, committee or board reports;
- Review policies and procedures, creating processes consistent with such parameters;
- Manage the internal matter management and electronic invoicing system (Serengeti), including maintaining daily updates on transactional matters and creating bi-weekly and quarterly reports.
- Assist attorneys in the review and completion of transactional documents, including subscription agreements and nondisclosure agreements.
- Manage securities class actions and other investment-related litigation matters, including preparation of trading reports for loss estimates; tracking cases and monitoring deadlines to ensure compliance; coordinating approval requests sent to the Office of the Texas Attorney General; communicating with outside counsel, funder and others; organizing and overseeing case files; assisting counsel with responses to subpoenas, deposition notices, etc.; and performing other general support tasks such as management of legal holds, document collection and other discovery projects, and other tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (or High School diploma combined with relevant certification or work experience).
- Legal or office experience.
- Organized and able to multi-task.
- Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, Acrobat Adobe, SharePoint, and Serengeti (or other e-billing, matter management software).
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
If interested, please contact
Charmi Gadhe @ email@example.com 678-606-9878