Linux Admin (L-3)
Burbank Burbank, CA 00000
Job Title: Linux Admin (L-3)
Location: Burbank, California, US (Only Locals)
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 - 12 Months
About Our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- Administration of RHEL 5.x/6.x/7,Ubuntu 12/14/16 and Windows 2008/2012 & R2/2016 Servers which includes installations, configurations, testing, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting server issues.
- Responsible for handling tasks in RedHat Linux includes upgrading RPMS using YUM, kernel, HBA driver, Configure SAN Disks, Multipathing and LVM file system.
- Responsible for managing NetApp filers by creating volumes on raid groups and aggregates and sharing to Windows and UNIX servers using CIFS & NFS.
- Responsible for building cloud infrastructure for different applications using ECS and Elastic beanstalk services in AWS and automating using Terraform.
- Responsible in Managing User accounts, Swap memory, security, disk space, and process monitoring in Linux and Windows environment
- Created templates and deployed Virtual machines through template, cloning Virtual machines under VMware ESX and ESXI Servers.
- Designing and implementing fully automated server build, management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning multiple platforms, tools and technologies including puppet,ansible and python sdk.
- Responsible for application and hardware resource monitoring using nagios,datadog. Writing custom plugins in Nagios,datadog to monitor resources.Also configuring alerts for the checks and sending alerts to respective teams
- Automated Cloud infrastructure provisioning using ansible and also bootstrapping middleware tools installations like Tomcat App Server,java,nagios and some other tools.
- Configured and maintained user accounts for dev, QA, and production teams and created roles for EC2, RDS, S3,EBS resources to communicate with each other using IAM.
- Deployed different applications to respective environments using Elastic beanstalk in aws.
- Responsible for developing custom dashboards using Dashing framework which displays hosts details, storage availability and system uptime. Also tracks the change in storage for certain days.
- Built a knowledge tool Mediawiki which runs on tomcat for our team.
- Apart with these duties, Responsible for working on multiple projects.
- Documented various administrative tasks and backup procedures on to company wiki tool.
- Operating Systems Linux Redhat 5.x/6.x/7,Ubuntu, Windows 2008/2012,Sun Solaries 9,10,11
- Virtualization VMware ESX/ESXI, AWS, Docker, Vagrant
- Automation Tools Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Shell scripting, Python, Perl,C++,HTML,PHP, Java script, Apache, Tomcat
- Networking NIS,NFS DNS and Firewalls
- Protocals TCP/IP,FTP,SSH,SFTP,SCP,SSL,DHCP and POP3
- Database mysql, postgress,oracle,mssql
- Veritas NetBackup 5.1,Cisco UCS, Switches, HP , IBM HS22,HS12,LS22 Blade Center.
- Minimum Qualifications required to perform these job duties:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Master’s degree in Computer Science or any equivalent degree.
- Experience working in agile development methodologies.
- Good communication skills; Written and verbal.
- Ability to implement new technologies with limited supervision.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Mukesh Sharma