Bothell Bothell, WA 98011
Job Title: Linux Administrator
Location: Bothell, Washington, US - 98011
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 Months
About Our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- Strong knowledge of Linux system administration and Installing and maintaining wide range of Linux servers in production environments.
- Senior level Linux OS proficiency in the flavors that the enterprise provides; knowing RHEL/Centos, and SUSE Servers.
- Experience on Capacity Planning & Hardware Sizing based on the customer needs and client policies.
- Experience on performance tuning, Site monitoring for Performance & high availability.
- Experience on Patch management in Linux (RHEL) & SUSE systems.
- Experience on HP ProLiant & Dell hard ware. Ability to upgrade firmware and manage the systems in centralized console, like HP One view & Amplifier.
- Experience on Veritas Logical Volume manager, Linux native file systems & Veritas clusters.
- Strong practical Linux administrations skills in a Virtualized environments (VMWare) and knowledge on storage devices.
- Strong knowledge on shell scripting is must.
- Secondary Skill on AIX Operation systems and IBM Hardware (P series). Support experience on SAP environment is added advantage.
- Understand deployment and managing the servers by using Ansible / Puppet. Python and RUBY coding are added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in designing, configuring, implementing, troubleshooting and supporting multi environments.
- Develop, automate and manage patching procedures based on the customer needs.
- Experience on Managing and Troubleshooting of at least one Centralized Authentication Service (NIS, NIS+, LDAP) and experience on Configure & manage TCP/IP Networking.
- Knowledge on Kubernetes, Docker, VRa & AWS are added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills are a must, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge in working on source controller tools like GitHub (GIT), Subversion.
- Document existing systems architecture and technology portfolio.
- Recommend improvements and/or alternatives for existing systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of relevant work experience.
- 8+ years of experience and background in LINUX support and administration on Physical & VMWare production environments.
- Certification on SCE/RHCE is a preferred.
- IT certifications such as IBM Certified, RHCA, SCA and ITIL are added advantage.
- Other related certification are added advantage.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Mukesh Sharma