Mainframe Storage Admin
Frisco, Texas, US Frisco, TX 00000
Job Title: Mainframe Storage Admin
Location: Frisco, Texas, US
Job Type: Contract To Hire
Duration: 0-6 Months
About Our Client: Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
Years Of Experience:
- Total : Above 7 to 9 Years of experience
- Relevant : Minimum of 7 years in Storage L3 support
- Storage hardware subsystems including IBM, EMC, DASD and Removable(Tape) Media Devices and Virtual Tape, IBM/STK ATL (robotic tape library)
- Mainframe Tape, Virtual Tape & DASD Management
- Work with Application teams supporting all Disk and Tape allocation issues
- z/OS Operating System Storage installing, troubleshooting, operating, testing, planning and configuring relevant technologies.
- Systems Managed Storage (DFSMS, RMM Tape Management, DFDSS DFHSM FDR ABR CPK, FDREPORT, FDRINSTANT)
- Disaster Recovery testing for all PepsiCo Divisions (FDR/ABR/ABARS/T-Rex/TPCR replication)
- Catalogs Management, (Add, move, recover Catalogs, along with size adjustments)
- Storage monitoring tools installations and use
- Monitor and add new storage volumes as needed
- Hand's-on expertise with System z storage data migration and replication.
- z/OS(MVS) program product installation and support
- Project Management (Microsoft Project and Project Life Cycle Processes)
- Per (1.) Incident Management + Change Management (Planning & Execution)
- On - call Escalation
- Ticket Quality
- Process adherence & Security compliance
- Customer feedback (Appreciations, CSAT survey results)
- KB preparation and review, Knowledge sharing & documentation
- Root cause analysis / Problem Management + Capacity / Architectural Management
- SLA compliance for tickets
- Value Add
- Training / Mentoring
- Volume Management
- Volume initialization & reclaim
- Catalog Management.
- Scratch Pool tape Maintenance.
- Tape Library hardware support.
- Backup & Restore (HSM, ADDRSU & FDRABR).
- SMS routine changes & maintenance
- VTS and ATL knowledge.
- Storage housekeeping jobs maintenance.
- FICON/ESCON Support.
- REXX coding support.
- JCL programming knowledge to run storage housekeeping jobs.
- Tape Management activities using ZARA etc..
- Dataset Management.
- Independently resolve tickets within SLA
- BMC main view knowledge.
- DR Testing knowledge.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Raj Lahiri