Mainframe Z/OS and Z/VM-Z/VM
Frisco Frisco, TX 75033
Job Title: Mainframe z/OS and z/VM – z/VM
Location: Frisco TX.
About our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- This Engineer role will have 8+ years’ experience in systems programming, and be responsible for z/OS and z/VM systems programming, design, configuration, and support of a large enterprise-class z Series mainframe environment in a leading financial services company.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Act as support and subject matter expert for z/OS and z/VM operating systems and system components; provide direct technical support as needed in the planning, coordination, installation, implementation and testing of releases, upgrades, or changes to z/OS operating system, network, and component software.
- Primary support for assigned ISV products.
- Support for CPU hardware including planning and coordination of microcode/firmware upgrades, troubleshooting efforts with the vendor and other hardware support such as IOGEN requests
- 24×7 on call 3rd-level support for an enterprise-wide z/OS platform systems and ISV products
- Diagnose z/OS platform system and product issues and follow up with root cause analysis
- Analyze performance issues
- Support for technical consultation and inquiries from the other IT technical teams
- Support for new product installation and evaluation as needed
- Can act as the technical lead on internal team projects or participate on project teams that impact the z/OS platform
- Participate in Disaster Recovery planning and tests as scheduled by Technical Continuity
- 8+ years of programming experience
- Experience with z/OS, JES2, Unix System Services, SMP/E, HCD
- Experience with z/VM, CP, CMS, REXX, RSCS
1. z13 hardware implementation/management
2. z/VM Operating System
3. z/VM SSI (Single System Image)
4. z/VM Networking, including VSWITCH setup
The candidate will perform the following work:
1. Installation and implementation of the z13 systems following IBM’s physical installation (e.g. building the IOCDS, LPAR setup, etc.)
2. Installation and implementation of the z/VM operating system, including installing maintenance.
3. Installation and implementation of SSI (Single System Image)
4. Provisioning virtual machines (will be responsible for loading of standard Linux image and related software)
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Mukesh @ email@example.com / Phone: 678-785-3381