Maintenance Technician III
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, US - 27105 Winston Salem, NC 27105
Job Title: Maintenance Technician III
Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina, US - 27105
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 4 Months
About Our Client : Partners with our customers tprovide differentiated paper` and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. Company has 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Hours: This person will work first shift either 6a-2p or 7a-3p. He/She don't have an option, often times they work both. Travel is required ( as listed in the job description)
- The Maintenance Technician – IV is the most advanced level in the Maintenance Technician series. This position is responsible for leading, oversee and guide the most complex and difficult tasks that are assigned tMaintenance Technician I, II and III’s whare responsible for performing a variety of skilled mechanical work in maintenance, installation, testing, troubleshooting, and repair of equipment while providing hands on assistance as well. They will alsperform highly skilled mechanical and electrical work under the general supervision of the Maintenance Team Leader. Maintenance IV’s will have a strong working knowledge and ability tperform all task as specified within the Maintenance Technician I, II and III position descriptions in addition tthose specified within this description.
- An employee in this designation must have developed advanced skills in both the mechanical and electrical trade and possess at least eight years of experience in both. The heightened level of tasks assigned will be based on an expected expertise for persons holding this position.
- Employees in this classification will be assigned more difficult duties relative ttheir exercised abilities with amplified levels of responsibility and complexity. A Maintenance Technician – IV is fully trained and can train others in all procedures related to Client policies pertaining ttroubleshooting, repair, installation, maintenance, and fabrication.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities Include The Following:
- Understanding and demonstrating the behavior that the safety of yourself and other coworkers is paramount and is the # 1 priority here at Client.
- Lead, plan and review the work of persons in the Maintenance I, II, and III riles that are responsible for performing mechanical and/or electrical duties in the maintenance, repair, inspection, testing, and installation of mechanical/electrical equipment including structural.
- Observe or listen tmachinery or equipment operation in order tdetect and identify malfunction.
- Perform Preventative maintenance work on plant machinery and facilities maintenance.
- Develop, design or create new applications, ideas, systems or products; including artistic contributions.
- Identify educational needs of others, develop educational or training programs or classes and teach or instruct others.
- Identify the developmental needs of others and by utilizing the skills of coaching and mentoring help others timprove their knowledge or skills.
- Install electronic power, communication, control or security equipment or systems.
- Repair computer-controlled manufacturing systems.
- Provide guidance and expert advice tmanagement or other groups or technical systems or process related topics.
- Interpret, explain and enforce department policies and procedures treach full and accurate understanding.
- Troubleshoot advanced electrical circuits.
- Operate various tools, instruments and equipment used in the testing and repairs of mechanical equipment.
- Fabricate, assemble, and disassemble manufactured products by hand.
- Use acetylene welding/cutting torch and combination welding procedures.
- Use tube bending equipment.
- Use electrical or electronic devices or equipment.
- Operate hoist, winch or hydraulic boom.
- Establish long range objectives that specify the strategies and actions tachieve them.
- Operate with advanced skill hand tools both powered and manual.
- Set up and operate a variety of machine tools such as a drill press, lathe and/or welding equipment.
- Operate maintenance vehicles including aerial lifts, personnel transport vehicles and forklifts.
- Responsible for the overall Safety and cleanliness of equipment and area.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Travel often required for this position
- Overtime as required.
- Ability tlead mechanical installations when situation warrants
- Clean driving record
- Forklift experience
- Has own transportation
- Perform other duties as assigned
Pipe Fitting Experience:
- Lay out, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems, pipe supports, and related equipment following blueprints for compressed air and water systems used in industrial production and processing systems.
- Cut, thread and install piping tspecifications using tools such as saws, pipe threaders, benders. Assemble and secure pipes, fittings, and related equipment according tspecifications by threading, soldering, brazing joints
- Creating material list for piping systems using blueprints. Select pipe sizes and types and related materials, such as supports, hangers, and related components according tspecifications.
Metal Fabrication Experience:
- Fabrication, cutting, bending, grinding, and welding fixtures used in mechanical and electrical installations in industrial production and process systems.
- Proficient in MIG welding techniques. Ability toperate, adjust, and maintain welding equipment in industrial Environment
Industrial Machine Rigging:
- Prepare heavy equipment for moving or shipment. Crating and uncrating of industrial equipment.
- Maneuvering loads using heavy equipment machinery and by hand
- Lifting, setting, aligning, and leveling of heavy equipment machinery using appropriate rigging gear
Assist In Industrial Electrical Installations:
- Willingness tlearn industrial electrical installations working with licensed electricians
- Assist in running conduit, pulling wire, making terminations within industrial electrical panels and control systems. Installation of pipe racks and related conduit support components
- Assist in electrical testing and preventative maintenance processes. Arc Flash studies and IR scans.
Desired Skills But Not Required:
- Occasional need for small concrete work
- Cut, form, pour concrete pads for small equipment installations
- Metal stud wall fabrication, alterations, repairs
- Drywall installations, preparation for painting, repairs, etc.
- Employees in this position will provide technical guidance tperson in Maintenance Technician I, II and III roles. However, this position does not have any supervisor responsibilities.
Tperform The Job Successfully, An Individual Should Demonstrate The Following Competencies:
- Safety - Includes following safety rules and regulations, working tcreate and maintain good housekeeping, knowledge and use of safety equipment, active participation in safety effort, attending safety meetings, confronting others regarding safety, reporting incidents and near misses, correcting unsafe conditions.
- Quality - Evaluates the ability of employee tproduce superior products or services, meeting all specifications and expectations, free of errors or waste. Includes accuracy, following correct procedures, such as GMP, SOP, ISrequirements, performing all quality checks, complete and legible documentation.
- Knowledge Of Field - Relates temployee’s understanding and knowledge of duties, methods and procedures required by the job. Indicators are troubleshooting skills, technical competence, application of training, thoroughness and efficiency in solving problems, and making progress improvements.
- Accountability/Dependability - Evaluates the degree twhich employee accepts responsibility and follows through on commitments. Indicators are task completion, following procedures, thoroughness, reliability, completion of difficult tasks, working without supervision, acknowledging and correcting own mistakes, facing and resolving conflict.
- Initiative - Evaluates an employee’s willingness tact on their own tassume new or additional responsibilities, tvoluntarily start projects or attempt non-routine tasks. Indicators are self-starting, proactive, energetic, enthusiasm, and ingenuity, willingness ttry, innovative, finding a better way.
- Teamwork - Evaluates the ability of an employee twork cooperatively with others in an interdependent relationship tachieve common goals. Indicators are flexibility and adaptability, cooperation, listening, group problem solving, willingness tchange, tlead as well as follow, recognizing and utilizing diversity.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, twglobal delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter