Manager/Director Mid-Level Professional
Culver City Culver City , CA 90232
Job Title: Manager/Director Mid-Level Professional
Location: Culver City, California, USA - 90232
About Our Client: Our Client is an American entertainment company that produces, acquires and distributes filmed entertainment (theatrical motion pictures, television programs, and recorded videos) through multiple platforms. It encompasses motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; digital content creation and distribution; worldwide channel investments; home entertainment acquisition and distribution, operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of filmed entertainment in more than 130 countries.
This position initiates and manages strategic procurement activities, outsourcing opportunities, and contract negotiations to reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and improve profit for client Entertainment Inc. (SPE).
The Strategic Sourcing Manager - Technology - will work primarily with SPEs IT and other Technology-related functions to provide products and services across all SPE business units both domestic and international. The ideal candidate will have strong experience the strategic sourcing and procurement of Technology products and services and a track record of working successfully with senior management, legal and financial representatives of SPE to deliver measurable savings and results.
Develop and implement sourcing strategies in various technology product (e.g. desktop, laptop, server, storage, network and telecommunication), service (e.g. application development and maintenance, help desk, etc), and cloud-solution (e.g. Software-as-a -Service and Infrastructure-as-a-Service) categories to reduce TCO, cycle time and improve quality..
- Market Research: Proactively monitor and understand the market and identify opportunities resulting from new product offerings and/or market shifts (e.g., exit or entry of suppliers, changes in pricing, etc.)
- Project Management: Initiate and manage strategic sourcing projects across multiple business units across SPE or client. Manage projects and drive TCO reduction from development of opportunity and planning to delivering results within timeline
- Analysis, RFP, RFQ, and RFI: Develop and manage Requests for Proposals, Quotes, and Information including the collection of requirements, management of bidder communications, and analyze bid responses.
- Negotiation: Negotiate and draft enterprise wide agreements that minimize financial and business risk exposure and provide optimal terms and conditions. Understand and negotiate business specific legal terms and conditions and explain them to clients in an easy to understand manner.
Baseline and Savings Measurement:
- Quantify the baseline value of goods and services being sourced, the value of negotiations, and the final change in total cost of ownership.
- Successfully own and deliver savings goals/targets from planning/inception through realization of benefits.
- Manage and develop internal relationships with clients and stakeholders throughout SPEs various business units and coordinate sourcing strategies, opportunities and requirements with other Client entities (Electronics, Music, Playstation, etc.).
- Proactively meet with internal clients and develop client relationships.
- Provide senior level procurement support to internal clients (of all levels of experience and title) on supplier contracts.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders such as Legal, and Risk Management
- Manage external supplier relationships and agreements in areas including:
- Develop and manage the supplier base with input from internal clients.
- Manage ongoing outsourcing contracts including involvement in client status meetings and contract performance measurement.
- Monitor performance of suppliers and serve as a resource to resolve issues and problems.
- Maintain active knowledge of market rates and spend for commodities and benchmark best practice capabilities against other firms.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 3-5 years of corporate procurement/ purchasing/ sourcing or similar experience.
- Candidate must have sourcing skills including but not limited to: identifying sourcing opportunities, performing spend analysis, development of sourcing strategy, project management, development of RFX documents, negotiation, contract management, supplier benchmarking, contract compliance, purchase order development, resolution of payment issues, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience in IT sourcing is required.
- Experience in negotiating both domestic and international IT agreements is preferred.
- Demonstrated track record for delivering significant and measurable savings in a large, complex and fast-moving organization
- Internal or external business consulting experience highly desired
- Experience in Media and Entertainment, or Technology-based Industries
- Experience with Ariba and SAP preferred
- The candidate must be a self-starter who is able to work independently and pro-actively identify potential areas for sourcing and have demonstrated:
- High personal integrity and ethics
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage senior-level client relationships
- Strong MS Office Suite skills required (including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Project and Visio)
- Ability to negotiate strong pricing, business and legal terms and draft them into contracts with minimal legal support
- Ability to logically manage issues and conflicts with suppliers
- Ability to perform make versus buy outsourcing analyses and to develop total cost of ownership models
- Ability to influence others and to act as a change agent within their department and company
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Finance or Business preferred
- CPM/CPSM or other similar certification preferred
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Liam : Liamr@askstaffing.com - 415-226-0201