Irvine Irvine, CA 92602
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location : Irvine, CA - 92602
Duration: 6 Months
About Our Client: Part of the Group, client is a US$4.6 billion company with over 115,000 employees across 90 countries. It provides services to customers which include Fortune 500 companies. It is also one of the Fab 50 companies in Asia, a list compiled by Forbes. client was ranked #5 in India's software services (IT) firms and overall #111 in Fortune India 500 list for 2012. client, on 25 June 2013, announced the completion of a merger with other company.
To work with design team for design/development of an aerospace air pressure regulator. Specifically assistance implementation of APQP processes to this new program. To work with product development team to develop and productionize this design.
- Shall possess a Degree / Postgraduate in Mechanical Engineering/Production and shall have an experience of 8 to 12 years in a manufacturing environment preferable in an Aerospace industry.
- Shall have the necessary exposure to new product development process (NPD).
- Shall be able to draw up and implement, for new products into production, APQP planning process, viz., Product Planning and Quality Program Definition, Product Design and Development, Process Design and Development, Validation of Product and Process and Production Launch, Assessment, and Improvement
- Shall have capability to interpret engineering, drawings, digital product definitions, specification, purchase orders, tooling, and other data deemed necessary in order to prepare assembly instructions.
- Shall have basic knowledge on product costing and the best processes to reduce the cost of the product during initial development of the new product.
- Shall have basic knowledge of surface treatments processes
- Shall have basic knowledge of measuring instruments used for dimensional inspection of fabricated parts.
- Based on the Engineering information, shall be able to define methods of manufacture identifying the machines requirement, tooling requirement, and acceptance requirement (Quality) to meet the Engineering Requirements.
- Shall be capable of providing detailed assembly process for Sub assembly and assembly with operations like riveting, Sealant application, bearing and bush installation etc. detailing of sequential assembly process steps, Sub assembly sequence considerations, Assembly of structural components and pertinent condition of supply.
- Shall be capable of preparing the condition of supply drawings for detail components based on the assembly philosophy and techniques.
- Shall be familiar with Quality AS9100 quality system that is applicable to a Manufacturing organization.
- Shall be able to do Root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Shall be able to provide technical leadership to the team and train the new entrants.
- Effectively manage activities involved to meet the delivery commitments with the attention to detail and to identify milestones.
- A strong understanding of standards and specifications for fabrication, outside processing, processes for packaging, shipping and/or transporting of materials.
- Documentation control processes, planning and implementation.
- Maintaining necessary documentation and data to ensure customer quality requirements using APQP requirements.
Education: Shall possess a Degree / Postgraduate in Mechanical Engineering/Production and shall have an experience of 8 to 12 years in a manufacturing environment preferable in an Aerospace industry.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Yamini: email@example.com - 678-203-2377