Medical Billing Assistant
Emeryville Emeryville, CA 94608
Job Title: Medical Billing Assistant
Location: Emeryville, California - 94608
Duration: 1+ Month contract (high potential for extension)
About Client: Our Client serves the local, regional and global communities by forming strategic alliances and developing strong partnerships to improve health, enhance opportunities for education and foster research collaborations around the world.
- Responsible for optimizing professional revenue generated by the clinical providers for inpatient and outpatient services.
- Responsible for working the charge work queues in the APeX (Epic) system, resolve billing related issues in APeX and other supporting systems to maximize charge capture and reduce charge lag.
- Responsible for performing detailed review of medical record documentation to answer billing level questions.
- Responsible for ensuring charges are free of billing process errors and that basic compliance documentation requirements are met.
- Perform regular follow-up with clinical providers and key personnel to facilitate timely submission of PB sessions.
- Performs charge reconciliation for missing charges and ensures charges triggered for all billable services according to established procedure.
Experience and Skills:
- Should have a high school diploma and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Should have experience in medical billing.
- Should be flexible to orient and work at all client’s locations.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Sabrina: firstname.lastname@example.org 678-487-8581
Regina: email@example.com 678-310-2892