Medical Records Specialist
Remote Remote, -- 00000
Job Title: Medical Records Specialist
Duration: 3+ months
About Our Client: Client is a global professional services firm that makes business transformation real. We drive digital-led innovation and digitally-enabled intelligent operations for our clients, guided by our experience running thousands of processes primarily for Global Fortune 500 companies. we have expanded from 19,000+ employees and annual revenues of US$491.90 million to 80,000+ employees and annual revenues of US$3.00 billion as of December 31, 2018.
- Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review adverse event emails and database records to identify any patient information and organize it in a patient-based file structure for further review by medical professionals.
- Execute the document review and structure the data in a patient-based file structure that satisfies quality and internal audit needs.
- Assembles patients’ health information including patient symptoms and medical history, exam results, X-ray reports, lab tests, diagnoses, and treatment plans.
- Reviews to ensure all forms are completed, properly identified, and signed and that all necessary information is in the manual and/or computer file in preferred style such as chronological.
- Communicates as needed with physicians and other health care professionals to clarify diagnoses or obtain additional information.
- Submits files/documentation to physicians and other clinicians as requested for review, quality assurance checks, and other purposes.
- Provides charts/documents requested for use in legal actions, following patient consent/confidentiality protocols.
- Manages the patient portal for the medical office.
- Uses practice management software to store, tabulate, analyze and retrieve data to improve patient care, control costs, respond to survey
- Protects patients’ health information for confidentiality, authorized access for treatment and data security.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- medical records: 2 years (Required)
- medical office: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Associates preferred
- Ability to alphabetize and put information (materials, forms, etc.) in chronological order.
- Ability to analyze medical records for completeness and accuracy, paying attention to detail.
- Ability to schedule time and assignments effectively.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to competently use Microsoft Office and appropriate EMR software.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical considerations related to patient information.
- Skill in putting information in preferred medical record system, meeting clinic standards.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Yamini: email@example.com - 678-203-2377