Medical Unit Service Coordinator
San Francisco San Francisco, CA 94158
Job Title : Medical Unit Service Coordinator
Location : San Francisco, California - 94158
Duration : 2+ Months (Potential for Extension)
About Client: Our Client serves the local, regional and global communities by forming strategic alliances and developing strong partnerships to improve health, enhance opportunities for education and foster research collaborations around the world.
- Receive and relay messages from patients, families and staff to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Provide accurate and complete report to oncoming unit service coordinator/charge Nurse and keeps track of malfunctioning equipment.
- Collaborate with nursing staff , physicians to notify when patient arrives on the unit and maintain unit-based flow board of patient bed assignments, transfers, discharges, and off-unit procedures.
- Maintains adequate quantity of administrative forms, supplies at nursing station and operates nursing unit equipment - computer, fax machine, nurse call, scanner, unit based communication devices.
- Responsible to prepare delivery medical records in a timely manner through dismantles patient charts, scans as appropriate.
- Assists with scheduling procedures, tests and x-rays through procedure and specific department functions to avoid conflict and disruption in scheduling.
- Utilizes automated systems to access and maintain patient information and removes, distributes and places contents in appropriate storage areas.
- Supports TUGS and pneumatic tube system as appropriate and removes equipment from hallway.
- Adheres to all applicable medical centers and unit-specific infection control, health and safety policies and procedures, including annual safety training.
- Must have relevant experience in medical terminology, healthcare setting, customer service.
- Knowledge on database/data entry is required.
- Should have strong communicate skills in both - oral and written.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is highly preferred.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Shelly: email@example.com - 510-256-7996
Regina: firstname.lastname@example.org - 678-310-2892