Mine IT Support Specialist
Point of Rocks Point of Rocks, WY 82942
Job Title: Mine IT Support Specialist
Location: Point of Rocks, WY 82942
Duration: 7 Months Contract
About Client: Our client is an American multinational conglomerate holding company. They are currently the 7th largest company in the S&P 500 Index by market capitalization and is famous for having the most expensive share price in history with a Class A share costing more than $250,000 each, having never been split.
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Provide independent support of computer hardware, PC builds, software and peripherals and servers as well as manage technology obsolescence for mining clients.
- Provide first and second tier support to troubleshoot hardware, software, phone, connectivity, application issues and provide daily operations support as needed.
- Support data and communication networks and equipment, including wiring and related software/hardware upgrades, modifications, replacements and troubleshooting in coordination with corporate IT.
- Perform application and security administration functions on critical application and domain environments.
- Evaluate, install, design, develop, test, upgrade, troubleshoot and maintain programs and operating systems for the mine business and operations applications.
- Act as a liaison between corporate IT and the mine to ensure that mine operating priorities and necessities are communicated and considered in decision making processes.
- Analyze systems and recommend solutions utilizing new technologies and system solutions for meeting business needs.
- Plan, coordinate and complete moderately complex projects.
- Develop standards, procedures, guidelines and provide effective planning, documentation, communication and training for mining personnel as needed.
Requirements for this position include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or a related field; or the equivalent combination of experience and education.
- A minimum of three years experience in a hands-on desktop or user support role, working in an enterprise class environment with personal computers, laptops, control and file servers.
- Experience building, loading and supporting UNIX systems.
- Project management skills, ability to develop and monitor work agreements and budgets, and to determine specifications, schedules, and deliverables.
- Technical skills including hardware and software installation, configuration, troubleshooting and support.
- Ability to design, develop and complete moderately complex technical projects independently and on schedule.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for consulting with users to understand needs, define requirements, and provide effective solutions.
- Knowledge of current technologies, tools, applications, and vendors.
- Ability to provide input and recommendations regarding new technologies and system solutions for meeting business needs.
- Knowledge of UNIX, LINUX, Windows Operating systems, AD.
- Programming skills utilizing VB.Net, HTML, Perl, MS SQL and PL/SQL.
- Oracle database, Oracle Financials
- CSC requirements and implementation.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Vito @ firstname.lastname@example.org; 678-310-2648