Mongo DB Senior DBA/Senior Data Engineer
Seattle Seattle, WA 98115
Job Title: Mongo DB Senior DBA/Senior Data Engineer
Location: Seattle, WA - 98115
Duration: 1 Year
About our Client: Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
- The Senior Data Engineer position works on a central team of Systems Engineers supporting distributed data platforms for our Technical Shared Service development teams and customers.
- The primary focus of this position will be the onboarding, support and management of non-relational database stores and systems, and the automation of operational and business processes in supporting internet sites and online applications for The Customer.
- Responsibilities include data technology guidance and consultation, design support, task automation and scripting, best practice and standards development, capacity planning, optimization and tuning, upgrades and migrations, performance management, monitoring, security, backup and recovery, issue troubleshooting, and documentation.
- Additional tasks as assigned. Excellent technical expertise in relevant state of the art database technologies, stores, systems, and design.
- Carries out assignments with minimal coaching and guidance from others.
- Develops, enhances and adheres to engineering and administration standards. Upholds and maintains strong documentation.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with relevant Non-relational database systems; 4-6 years experience with RBDMS desired.
- Degree in computer science/information systems, engineering or related field preferred; or a corresponding number of years experience in technical operations or software engineering.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge with key value, column oriented, and document store non-relational database systems such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase.
- 1-2 years of experience implementing solutions on AWS. Demonstrable skills in writing automation using Cloud formation and Chef.
- Solid understanding of Dynamodb, Redshift and other AWS technology.
- Experience implementing database security including on wire and at rest encryption.
- 2-4 years’ experience with Linux system administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and security procedures; experience with Windows desired.
- Expertise in database/data design and architectural principles and methodologies.
- 2 or more years of operational experience supporting robust e-commerce, gaming or online businesses in a 24X7 production environment.
- Expertise configuring, implementing and supporting high availability redundancy strategies for data-centric systems.
- Expertise with Disaster Recovery planning and implementation.
- Excellent knowledge of hardware, storage, RAID, and disk subsystem technologies as they pertain to data-centric systems; experience with SAN technologies desired.
- Excellent systems documentation and diagraming skills.
- Experience with project management methodologies, including the handling of complex projects.
- Demonstrated experience with troubleshooting systems issues and effectively diagnosing problems.
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals (DNS, TCP, HTTP), general networking technologies, network architecture and connectivity troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of enterprise storage solutions including SAN and NAS.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Sherman @ Shermane@askstaffing.com, : 678-250-9916