Bothell Bothell, WA 98011
Job Title: NetBackup & Avamar administration and L3 support
Location: Bothell, WA - 98011
Duration: 1 year
About Our client: Client is a next-generation global technology company that helps enterprises reimagine their businesses for the digital age. Our technology products, services and engineering are built on four decades of innovation, with a world-renowned management philosophy, a strong culture of invention and risk-taking, and a relentless focus on customer relationships. With a worldwide network of R&D, innovation labs and delivery centers, and 124,000+ ‘Ideapreneurs’ working in 41 countries, serves leading enterprises across key industries, including 250 of the Fortune 500 and 650 of the Global 2000.
- Backup L 3- Netbackup, Avamar, Cohesity, Rubrik Linux and AIX
- Responsible for NetBackup & Avamar administration and L3 support
- Design, implementation and planning for future enhancements of the enterprise backup environment.
- Supporting various production environments like Windows, UNIX, Linux, Exchange, Teradata, NDMP, Oracle, Sybase and MSSQL.
- Design and configure Vmware backups, Data domain,data domain boost for enterprise applications, IBM tape library ,Quantum, StorageTek Silos (Library) to provide continuous support to the environment.
- Provide performance tuning and create design docs for new enhancements/Hot fixes of the existing backup environment.
- Responsible for Backup implementation on Exchange, Oracle, Sybase and SQL servers’ and configuration testing before setting it up in the production environment.
- Define and validate Backup implementation on Windows, Linux and Solaris clients before being setup in the production environment.
- Performs critical restore of Database (oracle, Sybase, MSSQL), exchange, OS (windows, UNIX, Linux, AIX) and filers (UNIX share, Windows share, Windows home folder) etc.
- Performs integrity restores of exchange database with precision to ensure work is reflected in production systems.
- Break/Fix and L3 troubleshooting on data domain, Avamar & NetBackup master and media server errors effectively to ensure continuity in the production environment.
- Veritas Opscenter Management Installation configurations & upgrades.
- Day to day interaction with various support groups like DB Services, Wintel support , Unix support, Storage support etc.
- Design and carry out upgradation of Master, media servers whenever new versions/patches are released.
- Planning migration of Data centers and Defining standard action plans to carry out smooth transition of servers in the merging DC’s and bring them back to production as per the defined time schedule.
- Capturing and reporting of weekly & Monthly Storage & Backup Metrics.
- Responsible and Attends on calls for updating the backup status to the Management/Stake Holders.
- Manage production and development activities through Problem and Change management.
- Managing and Interpreting the storage protocols including ISCSI, Fiber Channel, CIFS, NFS, NDMP protocols and hardware, which uses these protocols.
- Provide continuous suggestions (when available) to client on improving Backup & Storage environment.
- Interacting with onsite and offshore team in resolving their problems and enabling smooth transition of the project.
- Identify the potholes’ on the environment, draw out a plan and implement the idea for the enhancements of the application and increase productivity.
- Resolving Production issues and coordinating with Support groups for deploying services in production systems.
- Knowledge on Networker, Cohesity and Rubrik.
- Perform the proof of concepts on New backup solutions.
- Scripting and REST API knowledge.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Ram Manturu @ firstname.lastname@example.org - 678-487-8570