Network Data Engineer
Papillion Papillion, NE 68046
Job Title: Network Data Engineer
Location: Papillion, NE - 68046
Duration: 6+ Months contract
About our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
While working in ENS DC, our job duties at a very high level are to maintain the fleet of network devices. Maintaining the fleet requires to monitor, react, respond, troubleshoot, and fix the alerts, alarms, and issues in various network devices including but not limited to Cisco, Juniper, Arista, HP, Force10 switches and routers. With the huge number of devices customer in datacenters, over time fans, power supplies, optics, cables and sometimes whole devices fail. ENS DC Team job is to identify what pieces and parts have failed, and then fix or replace those parts to ensure the network devices run optimally
and redundantly. Another piece of maintaining the fleet is troubleshooting links between network devices. Many types of errors can occur on a link and it’s our job to identify if there is an issue, then troubleshoot the issue to find the root cause, fix the issue, document what we have fixed and make sure asset databases are updated.
- Install large-scale production and corporate network infrastructure including routers, switches, console servers and optical transport equipment.
- Physically troubleshoot various network components on network infrastructure including routers, switches, console servers and optical transport equipment.
- Provide onsite network support and expertise for all teams on the local data center. Liaison for remote networking teams.
- Verify capacity, draining traffic, suppressing alarms before replacing; optics, line cards, sup cards.
- Troubleshooting network link/device/configuration issues, isolating the problem, fixing the problem.
- Creating new RMA requests through OEM vendors for both replacement devices, as well as obtaining technical assistance when troubleshooting devices.
- Tracking, maintaining and updating asset inventory of defective and replacement parts.
- Troubleshoot, tracing , looping links to locate the physical issue.
- Tracing and isolating cables through patch panels.
- Testing and cleaning fiber optic cables, and optical interfaces.
- Schedule and perform network maintenance, repair, and upgrade tasks as needed while limiting the impact on the production network
- Use internal software, tools, and scripts to configure, monitor, and repair network equipment
- Working with other teams such as facilities and DC Ops to enlist their assistance with items such as power and rack draining.
- Perform queue management for alarms, tasks, and incidents and participate in ongoing deployment projects
- There is a significant amount of lifting, walking, pushing carts, carrying heavy devices, and climbing ladders involved. We will also be using power tools for various tasks.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux OS, CLI navigation, Cisco IOS, Juniper OS and bash.
- Auditing switch locations, first locating switch in data center environment by following Building, Suit,Row,Column, and Rack position. Updating the database with all changes and randomly cross referencing for troubleshooting.
- The ideal candidate will have 7+ years’ experience in data center network support
- Experience with Cisco and Juniper Enterprise and Service Provider network hardware platforms and architectures including data center switching platforms.
- Strong working knowledge of routing and switching technologies and protocols
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and utilize troubleshooting skills, systems and tools, and creative problem solving abilities under pressure
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Dennis Miller @ Dennism@askstaffing.com ; 678-487-8583