Network Data Engineer
Redmond Redmond, WA 98052
Job Title: Network Data Engineer
Location: Redmond, WA - 98052
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
About our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- Provide Smart Hands support for NETIM and NIS teams for troubleshooting and resolving network issues at Client Sound facilities totaling around 170 buildings
- Assist with powering down network devices for scheduled power outages and restore Services successfully after power is restored at a scheduled time
- Monitor Enterprise Service Management (Service Now) Puget Sound network (PSNOPS) queue
Move, Add, Change (MAC) Activity – General activities include:
- MAC requests – work performed includes racking/stacking/cabling/patching and supporting all Puget Sound buildings and infrastructure This may encompass net new DocuSign Envelope ID: 96D71ABF-B5B4-435F-9F44-E029A80EB67F PSNOPS Statement of Work (October 2017) - 3 - buildings, net new implementations, building infrastructure expansions, as well as building decommissions where equipment would need to be removed.
- Manage and complete the patching of network ports including patch panel and equipment rack management. This may entail additional services outside of the traditional corpnet user ports, such as Internet ports, AV network ports, or other services with network dependencies, and any net new services as they become available.
- Racking, stacking, and cabling of additional network components (routers, switches and associated line cards) via MAC requests in Puget Sound. Please note some of these network chassis (example, but not limited to: ASR 9k routers or 4506E switches) are large and heavy and will require two people to maneuver them. All installed equipment will require some element of cabling, usually Cat5/6 cable dressing/patching to the line cards, connecting power from the PDUs in the racks to the network device(s), and any copper or fiber cabling to the device(s). All electrical power outlets, cabling plant runs, and cabling punch downs to the patch panels and/or workstations will be completed by the appropriate cabling contractors.
Deployment & Implementation (Larger Scale Projects) Activity – General activities include:
- Inclusive of the above, including larger scale project work, building expansions, moves, and new builds where there is the need for equipment deployment or removal as part of a decommission request.
- Performing the network implementation, including all racking of equipment, cabling, connecting of optics, powering gear, and deploying throughout existing buildings and new buildings in Puget Sound.
- Manage appropriate hand off to engineering and operational teams. This may require device access support via out-of-band access, console connection, or PC remote desktop.
- Transport of network gear to appropriate buildings and client IT cable rooms within Puget Sound as it relates to MAC activity.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Vincent Gandra @ email@example.com - 415-200-4129