Network Data L3 Engineer
Albany Albany, NY 12209
Job Title: Network Data L3 Engineer
Location: Albany, NY - 12205
Duration: 6+ months
About our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- 7 to 11 years of experience in enterprise network environment support and network operations.
- Provide in-depth technical support to customers through CISCO and other OEM of network domain.
- Technically aware customer service engineers who demonstrate excellent customer care skills.
- Cooperating with internal higher level network designers. Provide service improvement input wherever possible.
- May do proactive risk management Provide support on escalated issues and critical core technical jobs and coordinate with the OEM for escalated issues.
- Working on Amazon & Azure Cloud Network Security will be an additional advantage
- CCIE/CCNP, ITIL Certified (Preferred)
- The Technical Architect will lead the solution defense, presentation, planning, design, and network audit/assessment of data information technology solutions.
- Network Architect makes decisions independently on various solutions and methods.
- The knowledge and expertise required at this level of work usually results from progressive work experience.
- Projects are carried out independently and new ideas are proposed and implemented for cost reduction and application or infrastructure enhancements.
- Lead the evaluation, testing, selection and implementation of:
- Local and Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN)
- Internet Connectivity
- Network Management
- Diagnostic tools
- Mentor junior on networking technologies, standards, methodologies, and procedures
- of network standards and documentation.
- Participate in developing long-term strategic, capacity and performance planning objectives and goals.
- Coordinate efforts to isolate and resolve network and security related issues.
- Participate in IT and corporate-lead initiatives.
- Research new technology and evaluate its viability.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Must be able to clearly communicate with the customer and be able to present solutions to customers at CIO, CXO level
- Must be open for 24x7 availability
- Must be able to conduct technical trainings to internal resources
Excellent hands-on experience on the following technologies:
- Routing protocols – EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
- LAN Switching – ACI, VLAN, VTP, STP, EtherChannel, CoS
- WAN – MPLS, MPLS/VPN, MP-BGP
- TCP/IP protocol suite, Quality of Service
- Application protocols - HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SMTP, SNMP, SSL etc.
- Network Security - IPSec VPN, AAA Architecture, TACACS+, RADIUS
- Data Center Architecture – Network, Server, Storage
Excellent hands-on experience on the following products:
- Cisco Nexus 9k/7K/5K/2K Series of switches
- Cisco Generation2 Routers series
- Cisco Catalyst Series switches
- Cisco IOS Software and NX OS Software
- Wireless LAN technologies – Cisco or Aruba
- WAN Acceleration/optimization – Cisco WAAS or Riverbed
- Application Load balancers – F5 BigIP LTM/GTM or Cisco ACE/GSS
- Network Management – HPOV, NNM, Solar Winds, ORION etc.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Mac Wilson @ email@example.com; 678-298-7894