Network Engineer VoIP - Avaya
Columbia Columbia, SC 29219
Job Title: Network Engineer – VoIP - Avaya
Duration: 12 + Months(Potential for Extension)
Location: Columbia, SC 29219
About Client: Client is a federation of 36 separate United States health insurance organizations and companies, providing health insurance in the United States to more than 106 million people, also act as administrators of Medicare in many states or regions of the U.S. and provide coverage to state government employees as well as to the federal government employees under a nationwide option of the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program.
- Responsible for designing and developing complex software interface programs, administer, organize and implement by performing researches, tests, evaluates, and recommendations for telecommunication/voice over internet protocol (VoIP) and data network systems.
- Obtain data on new equipment and system development in communications field and adaptability of equipment to existing system in Avaya-based voice conferencing and VoIP telephony environment.
- Co-ordinate with vendors to ensure government changes(security policies and procedures) do not conflict with the capabilities of vendor products.
- Assists with detailed specifications and flowcharts for implementation of new internal programs or modifications to vendor software/hardware through layout and installation of telecommunications/VoIP equipment.
- Monitor and analyze system performance, such as network traffic, security, and capacity through develops, maintains, or implements telecommunications/VoIP disaster recovery plans to ensure business continuity.
- Should have bachelor's degree in computer science, IT with 6 years of relevant experience in telecommunications/VoIP experience.
- Must have knowledge on networking, communications, and related hardware and software with multiple administration tools, troubleshooting , implementing Avaya PBX Telecom Systems.
- Ability to understand technical aspects of telecommunications/VoIP equipment, systems, vendor capabilities and data communications usage as utilized by large complex organizations.
- Experience in Aura Conferencing, premise-based conference bridge solutions to include a wide range of current products (Aura Messaging, Session Manager, SCBCE, Presence and AES) is highly preferred.
- CCNA Certificate is preferred.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Shelly: firstname.lastname@example.org - 678-819-8516