Cary Cary, NC 27513
Job Title : Network Engineer – I
Job Location : Cary- NC 27513
Duration : 12 Months of Contract (Potential to extend)
About Client: Our client is a leading communication technology company which has been at the center of the communications revolution for over 100 years. They are one of the largest in the world which helps people, businesses and things communicate better. They make it possible for people to stay in touch and businesses to connect with their customers. They are also bringing technology and hands-on learning opportunities directly to kids who need it most. Their goal is to inspire tomorrow’s creators to use technology to build brighter futures for themselves, their families and the world.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Candidate must have strong knowledge of telecommunications equipment and technologies, such as Telephony Switching, Data Communications, Network Routers, DS0 and T1 Circuit Testing experience a major plus
- Candidate needs to demonstrate ability to follow documented processes and procedures.
- He must have strong interpersonal, oral, written, and problem solving skills.
- He must have demonstrate ability to work with internal and external organizations as necessary coordinating, troubleshooting, and driving remediation of network events.
- Candidate must be proven ability to provide timely and accurate network information to management and other groups during network events and major outages.
- He must have ability to work a flexible schedule, including shift work, weekends and holidays.
- He must have strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills desired.
- Candidate needs to have ability to generate, drive and update problem-tracking tickets via multiple systems and work with external and internal client organizations coordinating and troubleshooting network events.
- He must have the ability to provide timely and accurate network information to both management and other groups during network events and major outages.
- Candidate must have comprehensive knowledge of specialized VoIP and TDM telecommunications equipment and technologies (Genband, Sonus, Lucent, Ericsson, Alcatel, Tekelec switch and STP technologies), processes and systems as well as department and company policies and procedures.
- Candidate must have 1 to 5 years of experience
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills desired
- He must have knowledge of routing protocols, tools and experience with internal systems (i.e. IMPACT, VRepair, OASIS, MASTARS) is highly desired.
- Vendor certifications are strongly desired.
- He must have fundamental knowledge of operations procedures and ability to perform in a fast paced environment while adhering to established guidelines desired.
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience (Bachelor degree in related fields preferred - EE, Computer Science, Electronics or other Technical)
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Hank Rajguru @ firstname.lastname@example.org and 678-487-8569
Eric Smith @ email@example.com and 678-250-9914