San Jose San Jose, CA 94088
Job Title: Network Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA - 94088
About Our Client: Part of the Group, client is a US$4.6 billion company with over 115,000 employees across 90 countries. It provides services to customers which include Fortune 500 companies. It is also one of the Fab 50 companies in Asia, a list compiled by Forbes. client was ranked #5 in India's software services (IT) firms and overall #111 in Fortune India 500 list for 2012. client, on 25 June 2013, announced the completion of a merger with other company.
- Implement and support network infrastructure solutions
- Monitor network and systems health, responding appropriately to network alerts and events to diagnose and troubleshoot network issues.
- Manages and troubleshoot network WAN and Internet connectivity across the global network
- Support and maintain network devices like; routers, switches, wireless, firewalls, and network authentication servers in a highly available distributed global network.
- Supporting and maintaining Cisco network devices
- Evaluate and pilot deployment of new network infrastructure products and features.
- Deliver on network projects involving cross-functional technical teams, internal business and engineering customers, and external partners.
- Work closely with partner teams to assure seamless and reliable delivery of network solutions
- Participate in the network on-call rotation for Level 3 network support
- Support network the services under an ITIL service delivery model, developing and improving processes as needed.
- Create and maintain network documentation.
- Adhere to Change Control policy requirements and availability mandates/requirements.
- Work a flexible schedule allowing network maintenance and projects during off-peak hours (late evening and weekend work as necessary).
- Minimum 3 years hands-on expertise in implementing, administering, and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices, including: firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points and controllers, and monitoring applications.
- 3+ years of Cisco networking, switching, and routing technologies
- Understanding of QoS and traffic management methodologies
- Have functional knowledge of Cisco Wireless networks
- Knowledgeable in application transport and network infrastructure protocols (SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, CIFS, LDAP, etc…)
- SD-WAN knowledge a plus
- Basic experience with Unix based operating systems
- Programming and Scripting for automation: Perl. Ruby/Python, etc… a plus
- Must be able to function effectively in a team environment to accomplish team goals.
- Strong collaborator with demonstrated experience building cross-team relationships
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Yamini: email@example.com - 678-203-2377