Network Security Engineer - III
Cary Cary, NC 27513
Job Title: Network Security Engineer - III
Duration: 03 Months of Contract (Potential to extend)
About Client: Our client is a leading communication technology company which has been at the center of the communications revolution for over 100 years. They are one of the largest in the world which helps people, businesses and things communicate better. They make it possible for people to stay in touch and businesses to connect with their customers. They are also bringing technology and hands-on learning opportunities directly to kids who need it most. Their goal is to inspire tomorrow’s creators to use technology to build brighter futures for themselves, their families and the world.
The Client Security Engineer (CSE) is an integral part of the managed security solution. Our CSE partner with the customer’s network and security architects to create security designs based on best practices and customized to meet the customer security policies. They will ensure that new designs support appropriate capacity levels and then provide ongoing capacity management though-out the design life cycle. The CSE is tasked with lifecycle ownership of the environment and works closely with Security Operations Center and back office MSS teams to provide 3rd and/or 4th level operational support, problem resolution, and identify production pain points.
- Candidate will be responsible for helping overcome technical challenges as you help move the network forward with new technology, features and functionality, which includes conducting product and technology evaluations
- He will be responsible to Minimize the risk of negative effects resulting from poorly planned network changes
- Candidate will Act in an advisory capacity as the network evolves and grows, to:
- He will be responsible for determining the appropriate hardware and software features and functionality required for a change or enhancement.
- Candidate needs to verify that the new hardware and software levels are interoperable with the existing legacy network and Carry the customer forward with new technology while attempting to protect the customer’s investment in the process
- Candidate will be responsible for giving Give technical advice and guidance on network cutovers and implementation plans while understanding how these changes/modifications can affect the customer’s business
- He will be responsible for providing guidance, technical, and troubleshooting support on Tier 4 escalations. This benefit is particularly relevant in environments that client has built and/or provided a refresh.
- Candidate must have 5+ years of hands on implementation, configuration, and support of firewall
- Must have experience across multiple vendor security devices & technologies, including Routers, switches, Firewalls & IDS/IPS, and NAC devices (i.e. Juniper, Cisco, Checkpoint, etc.)
- Candidate should have experience successfully led a number of significant merger and acquisition efforts related to security architecture
- He should have Vendor certifications – such as CCNA, CCNP & CCSP preferred
- Candidate should have Security certifications from SANS, or ISC(2) such as CISSP, or CompTIA Security +
- Candidate should have previous experience in a NOC/SOC and/or as a project or lifecycle engineer, providing complex technical support
- Ability to travel and work flexible schedule as necessary
- Project management experiences a plus, time management essential
- Must have excellent communication skills – listening as well as oral and written communication with technician to Executive level a must
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications including MS excel, Project, and Visio
- Minimum AA degree or equivalent
Hank Rajguru @ email@example.com - 678-487-8569;
Eric Smith @ firstname.lastname@example.org - 678-250-9914