Network Security Engineer
Elkridge Elkridge, MD 21075
About our Client: Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
- Evaluate, implement, maintain, and monitor IT security measures.
- Work on existing systems while also supporting a variety of new IT initiatives, including Agile Scrum.
- Quickly and easily analyze and understand the department and organization needs to effectively exercise technical leadership over security topology and processes.
- Provide security support for project development and existing applications.
- Complete and update NIST Application Security Plans on a regular basis as systems change.
- Update and submit Security Impact Analysis for existing and proposed applications and update the information security plan accordingly.
- Ensure application security roles, when application roles are changed, are properly documented in a usable format.
- Provide information security audit support when required.
- Provide security guidance at all phases of the application lifecycle to ensure compliance needs are met.
- Act as a security liaison and technical point of reference to the application developer and project management groups.
- Assist with updating and implementing the annual security awareness training, annual developer training, and annual administrator security training.
- Work with the IT program groups and IT support vendors to evaluate and improve IT vendor security posture.
- 5 + years’ of experience completing similar duties as outlined above.
- Completed technical training in IT and IT security, including a CISSP, CSSLP or CISA certification a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in an IT related field or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of application assessment software.
- Experience responding to audit enquiries/exercises and remediating findings.
- 3 + years’ of RMF or NIST knowledge requirements.
- 3 + years’ experience in IT network knowledge/implementation (e.g., firewalls, secure topologies/architectures, intrusion detection/analysis, Microsoft/UNIX/OS security, vulnerability assessments).
- 3 + years’ experience with reviewing Intrusion Detection reports incident response and computer forensic experience.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Sherman @ Shermane@askstaffing.com - 678-250-9916