Network Security Engineer
Reno Reno, NV 89501
Job Title: Network Security Engineer
Location: Reno, Nevada - 89501
Duration: 6+ months
About our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- The team member in this position is responsible for providing superior service to both internal and external guests. The Network Security Engineer is responsible for managing the operation and security of the Wide / Local Area Networking hardware and infrastructure, internet security, web content filtering and firewall access, Active Directory, IDS/IPS, VPN via IPsec and SSL, and Network Admission Control.
- Experience with Cisco routing and switching is a must. Cisco CCNA required. CCNA Security or CCNP R&S preferred. Experience with network design a huge plus.
- This position serves as an internal Cisco, network, and security consultant to the organization and a security liaison to outside business units that the company may deal with.
- Evaluates and performs R&D on new technologies, equipment, and upgrades to existing systems and recommends additions or changes as needed. Establishes, documents and implements security policies and procedures, and provides direct training and oversight to all information security employees, contractors, alliances, or other third parties, ensuring proper information security clearance in accordance with established organizational information security policies and procedures.
- Reviews all system-related security plans throughout the organization's network, and makes recommendations to mitigate risk based on vulnerabilities and threat.
- Vendor Management, User Training, Project Assessment and Status Reporting also comprise primary duties. All duties are under the supervision of the Manager of Network and Information Security.
- The following statements are intended as general examples of the duties of this position and are not all-inclusive for specific positions. Other reasonable duties may be assigned.
- Supervised management, administration and design of WAN/LAN equipment, network, and related infrastructures.
- Supervised management of VPN Equipment and related systems.
- Supervised management of IPS/IDS Equipment.
- Supervised management of Firewalls and Access to the network internally and externally.
- Supervised management and recommended direction of the information gathering process required for the installation of a Key Business System
- Creating and maintaining SOP’s and Internal Controls to meet SOX/404, HIPAA and PCI initiatives and adherence to those policies.
- Prefer a four-year degree in Management Information Systems with focus on IT security or similar Information Technology program.
- Requires at least five years of Progressive Information Systems and Technology experience.
- CCNA Required (CCNA Security or CCNP Preferred)
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
ID : #ASK123
Oswald Smith @ Oswalds@askstaffing.com ; 678-279-8101