Network Security Engineer
San Diego San Diego, CA 92101
Job Title: Network Security Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA - 92101
About Client: Client Technologies is a next-generation global technology company that helps enterprises re-imagine their businesses for the digital age. Our technology products, services and engineering are built on four decades of innovation, with a world-renowned management philosophy, a strong culture of invention and risk-taking, and a relentless focus on customer relationships. With a worldwide network of R&D, innovation labs and delivery centers, and 124,000+ ‘Ideapreneurs’ working in 41 countries, Client serves leading enterprises across key industries, including 250 of the Fortune 500 and 650 of the Global 2000.
Technical skill set:
- Must have hands on experience with Palo Alto firewalls.
- Strong experience with Security (IPSEC / SSL-VPN / NAT)
- Hands on experience in managing threat prevention components of Palo Alto firewall.
- Should have experience creating templates and device groups to manage the firewalls via Panorama
- Must have experience managing IPS / IDS devices.
- Experience with routing protocols
- Working knowledge on auto bypass switches / TAP devices desirable
- Serve as the subject matter expert for network security components such as firewalls, VPN, IPS/IDS
- Should have good presentation skills - shall be able to participate in the review meetings and be able put across the points of concern
- Should have good troubleshooting skills – ability to isolate the cause of an issue, working with various support teams to resolve day today issues
- Should have Capability to conduct risk analysis, impact analysis, dependencies on customer/internal teams,
- Knowledge and experience of working with ITIL Processes
- Preference would be given to candidate holding PCNSE
- Coordinate with other team members for availability of capable resource
- Ensure quality work - review and validate the technical configuration changes
- Coordinate with COE resources for resolution of technical issues/problems before escalation to OEM
- Configuration and management of all firewalls
- Manage security policies and profiles to handle day to day operations
- Articulate or highlight risks/dependencies
- Adhering to high-quality standards and best practices, high performance, and scalable, repeatable processes and deliverables in accordance with applicable regulations
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and investigate network security-related incident based on security platform reporting, network traffic, log files, host-based and automated security alerts
- Participation in an on-call support rotation required
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Bruce Kulkarni @ email@example.com; 678-606-9871