Network Virtualization Engineer
San Diego San Diego, CA 92154
Job Title: Network Virtualization Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA - 92154
Duration: 6+ Months
About our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- Provide 24x7 network operations and participate in on-call rotation with some evening and weekend work required as necessary.
- Implementation and maintenance of LAN, WAN, Wireless, Data Center and related technologies
- Monitor incident queue and take ownership or distribute to the team members tasks/tickets within the scope of this engagement.
- Schedule and perform network maintenance, repair, and upgrade tasks as needed while limiting the impact on the production network.
- Proactively contribute to documentation, automation and processes as requirement evolves.
- Work closely with Network Engineering & Architecture, Logistics, and equipment vendors as new equipment and technologies are integrated into the production network.
- Follow established escalation path, assist with the resolution of escalated issues and actively participate in problem management activities.
- Cross-training other IT staff members in the maintenance or usage of the technology
- Solid understanding of Data Center Technologies – Cisco Nexus 7000, Nexus 9000 (ACI and NON-ACI mode), Virtual Port Channel (vPC) Fabric Path, Virtual Device Contexts (VDCs), Fabric Path, OTV, VXLAN
- Hands on experience with VMware NSX design and deployment, vCenter, Knowledge to Python/Powershell/Ansible is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to configure, support and troubleshoot F5 big-IP Load balancer LTM/GTM load balancers and related issues.
- Working experience with network management/monitoring tools including Cacti, Splunk, StatSeeker
- Experience working with service desk ticketing tool preferably Remedy/ServiceNow.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent time management and organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills should be able to work with service providers and 3rd parties to coordinate and accomplish deliverables.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Jeff Kasula @ email@example.com - 415-200-4127