San Jose San Jose, CA 95048
Job Title: NoSQL DBA
Location: San Jose, CA - 95048
Duration: 6+ Months
About Our Client: Part of the Group, client is a US$4.6 billion company with over 115,000 employees across 90 countries. It provides services to customers which include Fortune 500 companies. It is also one of the Fab 50 companies in Asia, a list compiled by Forbes. client was ranked #5 in India's software services (IT) firms and overall #111 in Fortune India 500 list for 2012. client, on 25 June 2013, announced the completion of a merger with other company
Areas of Responsibility:
- Candidate will be serving as the primary point of contact for advanced level troubleshooting issues, and perform hands-on Database/Systems administration as required.
- Candidate will automate regular Database/OS administrative work with other support teams and ensures they are functioning correctly.
- Candidate will plan and executes tests of fault tolerance capabilities, including backup/recovery, replication, failover, and disaster recovery.
- Candidate will write documentation, including data standards, procedures, and data dictionary definitions.
- Candidate will work with Systems and Development teams on designs, performance optimization, and perform on-call support by responding to high priority requests for assistance by Operations teams and provide after hours and
- weekend support as needed.
- The candidate will work with application developers to evolve the database architecture and design and will participate in the creation and refinement of staging & production database instances.
- The candidate should have experience in tuning database server configurations, queries, and indexes. He/she will also be required to run such queries as requested by the development teams.
- 3 or more years of working experience in Database Administration/Engineering (Cassandra and MySQL) on Production Environment, supporting complex, highly available databases.
- Well-versed in HA strategies including database replication, clustering, sharding
- Well versed in creating and implementing full-proof DR plans – including Backup and Recovery.
- Candidate should be well versed in database server performance monitoring and storage performance optimization.
- Candidate should have experience in tuning database server configurations, queries, and indexes.
- Candidate should have a good understanding of the Operating System concepts, mainly Linux.
- Proficiency in any of the scripting language ( e.g., Python /PHP/Perl/ Ruby)
- Respond to on-call (24/7 rotating shifts) incidents and be available for inquiries from staff, management, and vendors. Provide technical assistance and support.
- Exposure to any other NoSQL solutions (Mongo is a Big plus, but any other NOSQL will also do).
- Working experience on Amazon Web Services.
- Any experience with CMS tools like Chef/Puppet/Ansible or Log management tools like Splunk.
- In-depth understanding of Service Delivery/support Processes or ITIL Framework.
- The ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear, concise and easy to understand manner is essential, as the candidate will participate in technical and customer reviews and must communicate effectively with both
- technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to adapt mid-stride to accommodate rapid evolutions of technology.
- Rapidly picks up new techniques, technologies, and concepts.
- Should have the aptitude to work independently on projects/tasks with minimal instructions.
- Participation in technical blogging, PoCs and community projects.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Leo: Leon@askstaffing.com ; 678-819-8518
Yamini: email@example.com ; 678-203-2377