OSP Engineer - II
San Francisco San Francisco, CA 94121
Job Title : OSP Engineer - II
Location : San Francisco-CA
Duration : 06 Months of Contract (Potential to extend)
About Client: Our client is a leading communication technology company which has been at the center of the communications revolution for over 100 years. They are one of the largest in the world which helps people, businesses and things communicate better. They make it possible for people to stay in touch and businesses to connect with their customers. They are also bringing technology and hands-on learning opportunities directly to kids who need it most. Their goal is to inspire tomorrow’s creators to use technology to build brighter futures for themselves, their families and the world.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Selected candidate must be capable of engineering routine and specific outside plant work orders, both distribution and feeder
- Candidate must be capable of providing administrative and field support to the outside plant work forces.
- Candidate will be responsible for leading and managing a design and construction vendor in all aspects of the project.
- Candidate will be responsible for applying their skills in engineering design, fieldwork, practical supervisory experience, and project management to drive market vendor to produce the most viable and cost-effective designs on time and within budget.
- Candidate will be responsible for using their OSP experience to continuously review, approve, and track engineering drawings, apply best OSP Engineering practices, and track market readiness.
- Candidate will be responsible for providing concise reporting of status and information in presentation format for leadership consumption.
- Candidate must have experience with GIS systems.
- Candidate must have ability to review construction drawings and redline on the spot
- Candidates must have ability to use GIS skills to review design data
- Candidates must have practical knowledge of UG and AE construction
- Candidates must have practical knowledge of methods of construction, UG, Trench, Bore, etc.
- Candidates must have practical knowledge of OSP Engineering design
- Candidates must have field experience
- Candidates must have experience in Splicing, Placing, Redlining design drawings
- Candidates must have experience in construction inspection required
- Candidates must have permitting
- Candidates must have familiarity with processes in Bay Area
- Candidates must have ability to develop relationships with permitting agencies
- Candidates must have working knowledge and ability to track permit status
- Candidates must have experience in project management
- Candidates must have ability to manage several projects at a time
- Candidates must have ability to use project management software
- Candidates should have strong presentation skills
- Candidates must have ability to drive for results
- Candidates should have experience in tracking of deliverables
- Candidates should have experience in overall vendor management
- Candidates with NGPON experience is desired.
- Minimum Associates degree or equivalent.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Hank Rajguru @email@example.com - 678-487-8569
Eric Smith @firstname.lastname@example.org - 678-250-9914